PDA

View Full Version : different color subtitles in maestro using subrip?

delirium
17th January 2003, 20:58
i've tried searching the forums and looking at guides, but none of the above have answered my problems/questions. so, i was wondering if it is possible to have multiple color subtitles in maestro?

i'm backing up the dvd "record of lodoss war: chronicles of the heroic knight disc c" and using dvd2avi, tmpgenc, and maestro to shrink the video and then author. in the original movie, the subtitles for songs are in green and the regular subtitles for speech are in yellow, both of which have a black outline around them. So, using subrip i so far have been able to get either the green subtitles with black outlines or the yellow ones with a black outline, but not both at the same time, the other one would be a red blur instead. the closest i've gotten to getting the colors correct is with these subrip settings:

save as bmp format with timecodes
under the colors tab using the maestro setting:
0 Red (0)
3 Green (1)
1 Black (2)
2 Yellow (3)
(numbers in () were greyed out-not selectable)

when subrip writes the bmps, the song lyrics are in green with black outline and the speech is in yellow with black outline and the background is red. so this matches up with the original dvd. but when it is imported into maestro, the screen is covered in a black background and the subtitle outline has been made transparent. loading the palette and changing the transparency sliders did nothing to help get it to how the bmps look. how can i force or make maestro accept these settings (the two different color subtitles with outline and the red background be transparent)?

if not this, is there any other way to get the subtitles correct?

i'm at work right now, but i can post one of the bmps later this afternoon if it will help at all.

thanks in advance,

scott.

zuggy
18th January 2003, 06:35
SubRip 1.15 supports the subtitle color change, but it's not released yet because of test phase.

But you can use SubResync from VobSub package and select DVDMaestro output, SubResync have the color-contrast-change support.

oddyseus
20th January 2003, 13:25
it is just a minor tweak at the son file. Very easy if u grasp the how-to. Pls post here a bmp and the srt file and I ll be more than happy to see u through.

delirium
20th January 2003, 21:40
that's ok - i've started to use vobsub/subresync like zuggy suggested to get the correct bmps and subrip to get the correct time codes. adds about 5-10 mins extra to the process, but the results match the original.

guru1968
30th January 2003, 23:16
I am having exactly the same sort of problems - but I don't see how you have getting this to work??

- subrip produces a lot of .bmp, one .son and one .spf file
(when this .son file is opened im Maestro, the colors are wrong!)
-> neither of these files can be opened by subresync!

what's it that I don't get??

@oddyseus: what how-to? were is a working how-to which tells me how to fix subrip's output so that Maestro can work with it?? I would be more than happy if such a how-to would exist!

gr33tz,
guru

oddyseus
31st January 2003, 16:17
if u double click a sub in the sub timeline and then go to the colors screen u can press load from there and u will be able to load the spf file that will fix your colors.

As u probably know each sub is a 4 color structure. U have to define in subrip, what color u want for background, text, antialias, and emphasis.

U haven?t searched enough. There is one. I posted a small guide on subs a couple of months ago togeteher with the appropriate headers to work in subrip, Maestro and Scenarist.

guru1968
31st January 2003, 17:58
the color problem is fixed now thanks to SubRip-1.15

but - there's a new problem now concerning black-borders/corrupt displayed BMPs (see my thread (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44641) about this)

well - maybe this also is covered/solved within your guide, sorry couldn't find this...

well[2] - if you meant this guide (http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/dvdsubs.htm) then -- as these settings pretty seem t.b. SubRips default values -- I started with those, but I got also black borders with 'em :(

any kind of help please!

gr33tz,
guru

oddyseus
3rd February 2003, 14:27
No I mean this one http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35450&highlight=oddyseus+guide

It uses the default values of subrip and fixes the colors inside the son file.