PDA

View Full Version : Multiple streams of subs

Strider63841
17th January 2003, 08:59
This may be a newbie question. I use Gknot and Vobsub. I have an anime title with 3 streams of subs in the ifo, 00, 01, and 02. All english and they appear at different times in the movie. 00 is conversation, 01 is translation of signage and 02 is just random comments. All three are necessary for understading the movie.

How do I get all three to appear when I encode? Vobsub seems only to let me pick 1 of the streams at a time and only display that 1.

Strider63841
17th January 2003, 18:57
Been thinking about it all night. Best I can come up with is permanently burn in 1 stream like 01, then have vobsub display the other stream thru its filter during playback. This seems to a very inelegant soluntion. There must be some better way of doing this.

SirElvis
17th January 2003, 21:34
1.) If you want to burn the subs into the movie you should be able to do this with all three of the streams at once. Just create a AviSynth script and use the 'TextSub' function three times.

2.) There is a tool to join subtitles included in the VobSub package. I've never tried it, but you should be able to just join them with 'Beginning of Input 2' left at 0:0:0:0 thus get a single file with all the streams in it.

3.) Convert the subs to a textformat and just copy and past all of the three parts into one file. When you use SSA as sub format it should work that way.