PDA

View Full Version : keep permanent subtitles

Scorp121z
16th January 2003, 04:49
How to keep permanent subtitles such as elvish speech in lord of the rings on screeen all the time when played in astand alone player (i.e when subtiles r set to off)

cbwarz
16th January 2003, 16:03
Hi,

Think you mean Forced Subs.

In VobSub try selecting Forced Subs only and it will do

:D

ukendt
16th January 2003, 16:57
no further comments:D

Scorp121z
17th January 2003, 16:18
I have already ripped the subtitles using subrip and put a check mark in the box for the ones that are forced(there are 16 altogether).I have then imported the son file into dvd maestro and checked the forced ones.After authoring and ifo updating the dvd works fine on the hard drive when played with power dvd,i.e. the forced subtitles(elvish speech) comes up automatically with subtitles off and all subtitles come up with subtitles on.
But after i burn it and play in my Sony dvp-nc615stand alone with subtitles off the elvish speech (forced )dont show, and if i select subtitles on all the subtitles show.

ukendt
17th January 2003, 16:35
The one to blame is your player....(The Sony)

boops
27th February 2003, 13:48
This not a player problem.

Me thinks its a problem with ifoedit.

On the computer, the 'registers' are different to the players.

What works well on the computer does not always work on the standalone.
Come on you brainy buffs --- re-hash ifoedit to correspond to standalone players.

The forced option has something to do with its exact location on the original disc. I feel that dummy subs to make up for those thrown out might make it work.

I am gona give it a try

TheMac
1st March 2003, 02:07
Edit the .son file with notepad before import, where it says non_forced, change this to forced and save, then re-import.

boops
3rd March 2003, 13:11
We ARE talking obout forced subs -- not how to create them but how to see them on a standalone player. This is an enigma. I have tried burning all the subs as they appear in the original dvd and have gone to the extent to re-create the movie as close the original as I can get ---- BUT these forced subs are elusive. I have followed all the hop, skip and jumps in machine code and stll no go.

I thinks i am missing something very obvious and the penny hasn't dropped yet.

I need some help here-----------------!

robz
3rd March 2003, 20:59
Why can't this be a player problem?