PDA

View Full Version : splitting newbie section

killingspree
13th January 2003, 17:40
i'm just wondering if it would make any sense to split the newbie forum.
one part for dvd authoring questions (basically anything they want to know if they want to burn their results to a DVD

and a DivX /Xvid etc section.
this would help people who want to help but only have experience in one of the two topics

regards
steVe

edit: oh by the way: this is post number 200 :-)
not that it matters anyway though

Killer00
13th January 2003, 19:56
aahhh österreicher :eek: :D :p

in english: an Austrian :eek: :D :p

äähhmm
ih thing taht splitting becomes to big
dvd authoring and DivX /Xvid,ok
and whats with, (s)vcd, audio encoding usw.

this could confuse the newbies.

äähhmm sorry for my bad english :scared:

Doom9
13th January 2003, 22:52
newbies are often overwhelmed not only by the guides but also by the forum.. give them more options to post means it's less likely that they use the appropriate forum for it, don't you think? and the two newbie forum moderators are doing a pretty good job sending people to the correct place.

killingspree
14th January 2003, 19:23
i think i just got fed up by the huge amount of posts regarding DVD authoring. as i don't know much about it - no DVD burner :-( it just wastes my time to load and read thorugh every one of these posts, since they often do not use titels specific enough.

anyway that's the way it is then, i guess.

@ killer00: welcome to the austrian club here at doom9, there isn't too much of us around.
to your question: i would have included all of SVCD etc in the DivX forum. just an extra one for the DVD "production" related stuff.

oh and a suggestion: you might want to try the german doom9 mirror (ww.doom9.de)

regards
steVe

Killer00
14th January 2003, 22:49
i know the german mirror of doom9
its a great board
but there also good other german boards.

so
back to topic. :D

:D:D:D