PDA

View Full Version : VirtualDub 1.4.13 with MPEG-2 and AC-3 support (by fccHandler)

DeXT
12th January 2003, 21:15
Hi there. Recently fccHandler published (http://virtualdub.everwicked.com/index.php?act=ST&f=11&t=1440&) a patch for VirtualDub which enables it to directly read MPEG-2 streams, as well as AC-3 streams, using its built-in MPEG parser.

I've compiled it and found it pretty nice, now it's possible to directly load a VOB into VirtualDub, play it, and convert or frameserve it to another application, without the need to use an external reader such as AviSynth, DVD2AVI, VFAPI etc, and best of all, with built-in audio, so you don't need to extract and convert it separately.

Althought VirtualDubMod already features VOB support, it uses the DVD2AVI engine and has no direct audio support (it's saved on a separate file). So I found this patch really interesting.

Surely it could be optimized further, and may contain bugs, but I think it's definitely a step in the right direction. I hope the VirtualDubMod team consider adopting this great patch, at least as an alternative to the internal DVD2AVI reader.

If you want to give it a try, check my homepage below.

http://es.geocities.com/dextstuff/

DeXT

fccHandler
13th January 2003, 07:56
Cool. Thanks for hosting some binaries. :cool:

Zhnujm
13th January 2003, 19:12
finally it has happend. cool.

many thanks.

bond
13th January 2003, 21:45
hope this will find its way into vdmod!!!

krmathis
14th January 2003, 18:40
I think the link is down.
I don`t speak Spanish so I do not understand the messages.

Any other link?

Thank you ;)

JuanC
14th January 2003, 19:12
Originally posted by solaris
Any other link?
Try These links (The ones on DeXT page):
VirtualDub 1.4.13 with MPEG2 & AC3 (http://webs.ono.com/de_xt/VDub-1.4.13-MPEG2-AC3.zip)
Sources (http://webs.ono.com/de_xt/VDub-1.4.13-MPEG2-AC3-src.zip)

krmathis
14th January 2003, 19:43
Originally posted by JuanC
Try These links (The ones on DeXT page):
VirtualDub 1.4.13 with MPEG2 & AC3 (http://webs.ono.com/de_xt/VDub-1.4.13-MPEG2-AC3.zip)
Sources (http://webs.ono.com/de_xt/VDub-1.4.13-MPEG2-AC3-src.zip)

Thanks a lot!
I got it and am about to test it out.

bluengine
18th January 2003, 02:03
it's still alpha code, not for end user noobs call bluengine,

bluengine fades it to distance while the uber coders, and developers
discuse and fix the code :rolleyes: ...

orulz
18th January 2003, 02:04
VirtualDub would become invincible as a tool if it allowed filters to do IVTC, through decimation of frames and changing the framerate. And input / output plugins would be nice (though hardcoding into the source is fine, too).

Hey, wait a minute, this is starting to sound like how VirtualDub 2.0 was going to be. I haven't seen any official announcements about it's demise, anyone know about the status? Did I perhaps miss something?

gldblade
18th January 2003, 03:49
Sorry, I don't have anything to test this on at the moment:
If I were to open the first vob file out of multiple vobs, would it automatically open all of them?

farao
18th January 2003, 05:27
gldblade,, you can use IFO Mode in DVD Decrypter "File Splitting" is None so you will have one vob file.. on your ntfs partition.
I am trying this new virtualdub-patch with Xvid and Ogg acm..
http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA012897/

18th January 2003, 05:32
It doesn't honor the RFF/TFF flags. Any plans for that?

gantz
18th January 2003, 05:41
Originally posted by gldblade
Sorry, I don't have anything to test this on at the moment:
If I were to open the first vob file out of multiple vobs, would it automatically open all of them?

It does not. I've only played with it for five minutes, but I can't find a way to append all the necessary vobs. Also, the audio in my test renders is slightly out of sync and there's no normalization. MPEG-2 decoding looks good though. Great to see the vob feature though. Thanks to all involved with this tweak.

gantz

farao
18th January 2003, 06:01
gldblade,, you can use IFO Mode in DVD Decrypter "File Splitting" is None so you will have one vob file.. on your ntfs partition.
I am trying this new virtualdub-patch with Xvid and Ogg acm..
http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA012897/

fccHandler
18th January 2003, 06:02
Originally posted by neuron2
It doesn't honor the RFF/TFF flags. Any plans for that?
Well, it was part of my original plan (the RFF/TFF flags are indeed stored for every frame), but it grew too complex for me at the time and I never finished that aspect of it.

I have a list of things I'd like to fix, including RFF/TFF and proper MPEG-2 chroma upsampling, but I haven't really had time to work on it. The code is freely available though, if anyone else wants to mess around with it:

http://home.attbi.com/~blade66/Mpeg.cpp
http://home.attbi.com/~blade66/mpeg_decode.cpp

(Note that AC3 support is disabled in those sources.)

fccHandler
18th January 2003, 06:18
Originally posted by gldblade
Originally posted by gantz
It does not.
Honestly, it was not designed for ripping DVDs. But as a workaround you could "copy /b" the VOBs to your hard drive as one huge file (you may need NTFS for this).

Thanks to all involved with this tweak.
You mean me, right? :D

zyrill
18th January 2003, 11:40
which format is being used for reading the vobs? rgb or what? because i ask myself if it may still be better to use avisynth after all because of YUY2 support...

[Toff]
18th January 2003, 18:23
I have decoding problem (interlacing and block) with a PAL DVD.
Here is a VOB sample (~1Mo) :
http://christophe.paris.free.fr/temp/bd_test.zip

fccHandler
18th January 2003, 18:50
Originally posted by zyrill
which format is being used for reading the vobs? rgb or what? because i ask myself if it may still be better to use avisynth after all because of YUY2 support...
YUY2 and UYVY are supported for "fast recompress" only.

Originally posted by [Toff]
Thanks, I'll definitely look into it.

gldblade
18th January 2003, 20:03
so you will have one vob file.. on your ntfs partition. If only I had an NTFS partition.

((( atom )))
18th January 2003, 20:09
hi folx,

the link seems to be down. i can access the site itself -> http://webs.ono.com/usr016/de_xt/
i can download the sources?!?
but not the actual copmpiled version :(

can someone maybe attach it to a post here?

thx.

midiguy
18th January 2003, 20:15
I tested the sample that you provided and it gives me the exact same block and interlacing problems.

fccHandler
18th January 2003, 20:25
Well, your sample demonstrates a serious flaw in the parser. Put simply, each picture in the vob is a field picture, and it takes two of these to make one whole frame. I knew such streams were possible but I'd never seen one before (I don't use the code for DVD ripping). I will certainly try to fix it but it may take some time.

For now, stick with DVD2AVI for this type of stream. :(

midiguy
19th January 2003, 01:55
hey, you know what would be REALLY cool? if you could get virtualdub to load D2V project files. I bet you wouldn't have most of these problems, and it also allows you to enable FORCE FILM and such in DVD2AVI. what do you think?

LordDethstar
19th January 2003, 02:15
Originally posted by DeXT
[...]

http://es.geocities.com/dextstuff/

DeXT

Esta página no está disponible temporalmente por superar los límites de tráfico de este servicio. Sentimos las molestias ocasionadas. Intente el acceso más tarde.

Now if only I spoke Spanish. Are there any alternate sources?

outlyer
19th January 2003, 03:12
Originally posted by LordDethstar
Now if only I spoke Spanish. Are there any alternate sources?
This is a standard bandwidth exceeded message. It says nothing about it being a daily, weekly or monthly limit so no idea of when it would be available again, so I guess we should keep trying :p

Maybe someone will mirror it, i couldn't get the file so not myself. You can also monitor the thread on virtualdub.everwicked.com (linked in the first post on this thread) also; no alternative source by now.

hoozdapimp
19th January 2003, 03:44
i would host it on my site but last time i did that, a 2mb file used my 5gb/month bandwidth in less than 36 hours :)

DeXT
19th January 2003, 12:11
Originally posted by midiguy
hey, you know what would be REALLY cool? if you could get virtualdub to load D2V project files. I bet you wouldn't have most of these problems, and it also allows you to enable FORCE FILM and such in DVD2AVI. what do you think?I assume you want to open d2v files in order to load a set of VOBs in VirtualDub. Well, VirtualDubMod already does that, it has a DVD2AVI import module which creates its own d2v when you feed it with a VOB file, or a SmartRipper txt file. Currently simple file lists (lst) are not supported but that will surely be added soon.

But if for some reason you NEED to open you own d2v, just use VFAPI Converter/Reader, which creates a dummy AVI file out of it, which VirtualDub can then load.

Originally posted by Outlyer
This is a standard bandwidth exceeded message. It says nothing about it being a daily, weekly or monthly limit so no idea of when it would be available again, so I guess we should keep tryingUnfortunately finding a free and reliable host is pretty hard nowadays, let's see if I can offer you something better than this. BTW the links works again, I just tested them.

[edit] Jodie Reynolds from AdFlix kindly put these mirrors for us, so hope you have less problems now. Thanks!

http://www.adflix.com/jlr/VirtualDub-1.4.13-MPEG2-AC3.zip
http://www.adflix.com/jlr/VirtualDub-1.4.13-MPEG2-AC3-src.zip

ppera2
19th January 2003, 16:43
Well, this is something about what I dreamed earlier, and even mentioned here in some discussion with Doom9.

It started now...

However, there is a long way to make it quite useful, reliable and especially competent.

I made some quick tests, speed was my first concern. As espected it is lower than DVD2AVI- AVISynth- VDub combination (or GKNOT), of course because of VDub's RGB filters. Also, when use only direct recompress it's still not enough fast.
There is also small bug by VOB parse, when open not first VOB of DVD always have errors in first second.

So next my dream (wish) is to put YUV filters in VDub :)
Did someone mentioned integration of AVISynth.dll in VDub ? :p

ChristianHJW
19th January 2003, 22:16
I added a new link for the binaries on my fast webspace ... it has no download limit ( they never sent me a new contract .. lol ), you shouldnt have any probs

Binaries (http://christian.matroska.org/downloads/VirtualDub-1.4.13-MPEG2-AC3.zip)

Sources (http://christian.matroska.org/downloads/VirtualDub-1.4.13-MPEG2-AC3-src.zip)

midiguy
20th January 2003, 09:21
Originally posted by DeXT
I assume you want to open d2v files in order to load a set of VOBs in VirtualDub. Well, VirtualDubMod already does that, it has a DVD2AVI import module which creates its own d2v when you feed it with a VOB file, or a SmartRipper txt file. Currently simple file lists (lst) are not supported but that will surely be added soon.

But if for some reason you NEED to open you own d2v, just use VFAPI Converter/Reader, which creates a dummy AVI file out of it, which VirtualDub can then load.

but can you activate FORCE FILM from within VirtualDubMod? I know it uses some sort of DVD2AVI wrapper to load the VOBs. just wondering if it offers all the features that DVD2AVI does. also, why use VFAPI when you can use AVIsynth :) but isn't the whole idea of an MPEG-2 parser in v dub to avoid using the extra frameserver?

and, for some reason, when I import VOBs into VDubMod, scrolling seems to be slower, then when I scroll in, say, DVD2AVI. maybe because it is creating the DVD2AVI project file on the fly? thus requires extra processing? which is why I think it would be pretty cool to have a D2V import filter for virtualdub, where you can actually import your own D2V.

ppera2
20th January 2003, 11:34
Originally posted by midiguy
but can you activate FORCE FILM from within VirtualDubMod? I know it uses some sort of DVD2AVI wrapper to load the VOBs. just wondering if it offers all the features that DVD2AVI does. also, why use VFAPI when you can use AVIsynth :) but isn't the whole idea of an MPEG-2 parser in v dub to avoid using the extra frameserver?

and, for some reason, when I import VOBs into VDubMod, scrolling seems to be slower, then when I scroll in, say, DVD2AVI. maybe because it is creating the DVD2AVI project file on the fly? thus requires extra processing? which is why I think it would be pretty cool to have a D2V import filter for virtualdub, where you can actually import your own D2V.

Work with DVD2AVI project doesn't seems to me as good idea.
1: Why it, when VDub has all needed to make own projects, actually it has much more than DVD2AVI.

2: Main problem is that VDub filters work with RGB and not YUV format. I assume that it would be not to heavy to implement AVISynth's filters in VDub....
I

Hiro2k
20th January 2003, 17:06
It would be a shame to implement YUY2 and then have YV12 finished. I know it's a long ways off, but having internal YV12 filters would make it much faster since you would not have to load a DVD2AVI file and it would be a strait YV12 to YV12 with optimized internal filters. I would love to see this in newer versions of Vdubmod!

menaceboy
21st January 2003, 11:39
so how do i load two split .m2v's i demuxed with smartripper from a dvd i returned to the rentals?

ChristianHJW
21st January 2003, 14:26
Originally posted by menaceboy so how do i load two split .m2v's i demuxed with smartripper from a dvd i returned to the rentals?
As you dont have allowance to encode this DVD, as you dont own it, for sure nobody will answer.
I'd recommend you check the forum rules here from time to time before posting....

menaceboy
21st January 2003, 20:59
how about the same problem but with a legally purchased dvd from wal-mart?
:)

ChristianHJW
22nd January 2003, 09:35
Originally posted by menaceboy how about the same problem but with a legally purchased dvd from wal-mart?
:) .... rip it again into one big .m2v file :P .. or is it a DVD-9 ?

oddball
22nd January 2003, 12:21
When this is working correctly it would be great to add in AVisynth filter support (Without the need for Avisynth). Then it would be cooking indeed.

menaceboy
23rd January 2003, 00:12
uhh, the thing broke, yeah thats it... it broke and i can't rip it again.. its two vobs one 1gb the other less
Originally posted by ChristianHJW
.... rip it again into one big .m2v file :P .. or is it a DVD-9 ?

movmasty
24th January 2003, 08:22
It does not. I've only played with it for five minutes, but I can't find a way to append all the necessary vobs. Also, the audio in my test renders is slightly out of sync and there's no normalization. MPEG-2 decoding looks good though. Great to see the vob feature though. Thanks to all involved with this tweak.
gantz
why append? dont you think that make a movie in 4/5 parts and the append the divx is better?
better control over the conversion, and if you make some error, well, just one piece to redo.
And about the problems to convert directly from dvd, maybe doing in 4/5 parts will avoid them.
Then i found that convert just one vob of 1gb, lets you save in max quality mjpg if you need an intermediate filtered file to load in nanDub

i just tryed it and worked fine, directly from dvd to divx,
9 fps with heavy filtering on a xp1800 at 768x416 res

ok, the movie was easy, not interlaced ,woody allen's piking up the pieces,
also audio syncro was ok

MasterYoshidino
25th January 2003, 08:16
this really is just an easier way for me to stream directly into nandub from the hacked veedub

no probs streaming a ripped vob into nandub to encode.

only problem was if i tried 2 pass encoding and the server was left alone, the final product lost its keyframes

restarting the frameserver before the second encoding seems to solve this problem

then again i found out my file sizes would jump up by encoding from the vob rather than a divx pro avi rip by dvd2avi
(its the damn3d mpeg2 snow i.e. imperfect shading in colors)

and snow is bad for anime encoding :rolleyes:

ugh look at it, original source pic

http://masteryoshidino.adultbouncer.com/nanako.jpg

PS:
Esta página no está disponible temporalmente por superar los límites de tráfico de este servicio. Sentimos las molestias ocasionadas. Intente el acceso más tarde.

That means

"This page is temporarliy unavailable due to this service's bandwidth being exceeded. We are sorry for the inconvienence. Try to access again later."

midiguy
26th January 2003, 03:58
using this version of v dub, is it possible to load a VOB file in and FORCE FILM on it, much like you would in DVD2AVI?

fccHandler
26th January 2003, 05:43
FORCE FILM shouldn't be necessary, because right now the decoder only outputs progressive frames (RFF/TFF are ignored). Fortunately, most VOBs that I've seen contain progressive film source. As for the exceptions, I'm working on it...

menaceboy
26th January 2003, 09:27
progressive frames weren't the rage back when dvd's first came out, so it used to be backwards back then... hdtv pimps j00!

Cartoony
26th January 2003, 14:07
I'm looking for a way to convert a 480x480 Mpeg2 44.1k audio file (SVCD compliant) to 480x480 Mpeg2 but with 48k audio. I can then patch the MPEG file with DVD patcher & put it on a DVDr.
I'm currently using ProCoder but, as it has to resample the video as well as the audio, it takes ages. De-muxing, resampling & re-muxing always makes the lipsync out.
VirtualDub does a Direct Stream Copy (which ProCoder doesn't), so what I'm wondering is...............
How do I load a SVCD MPEG into Virtual Dub, & then get it to do a direct stream copy of the video, but resample the audio to 48k. Is it possible - I can open the MPEG2 file with this version of VD but don't know what to do next to get it exported as I want.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

fccHandler
26th January 2003, 16:53
Originally posted by Cartoony
How do I load a SVCD MPEG into Virtual Dub, & then get it to do a direct stream copy of the video, but resample the audio to 48k.
VirtualDub's direct stream copy can't be used for MPEG content. Have you tried TMPGEnc?

midiguy
26th January 2003, 18:35
use tmpgenc (aka: Tsunami MPEG Encoder, aka: tmpeg). Demux the 44.1 audio out of your MPEG-2 video file, convert it to 48 khz, mux in the 48 khz audio in the place of the 44.1

no video processing is done.

Cartoony
26th January 2003, 18:40
Thanks for the reference to TMPGEnc, but EVERY time I've tried this method (de-mux, resample audio, remux) the lipsync is out. This happens whether I use TMPGEnc or Womble to de/re-mux.

oddball
27th January 2003, 02:46
fccHandler will you be implementing the possibilty of using Avisynth filters in Vdub without the use of Avisynth itself? It would be a nice dialog to add so you just point at an Avisynth dll and have a window for typing the command parameters in for that plugin.

Auto concatenate for VOB's would also be nice and the ability to load MPG/MPEG/M2V files without renaming to VOB would be welcomed too.

fccHandler
27th January 2003, 06:29
Originally posted by oddball
fccHandler will you be implementing the possibilty of using Avisynth filters in Vdub without the use of Avisynth itself?
Auto concatenate for VOB's would also be nice and the ability to load MPG/MPEG/M2V files without renaming to VOB would be welcomed too.
You don't have to rename anything. In fact, it sounds like you might be confusing my patch with another project called VirtualDubMod. (I have nothing to do with VirtualDubMod.) My only intent is to upgrade the MPEG-1 decoder in the original VirtualDub to support MPEG-2, and that's about it.

I say again, my upgrade wasn't originally intended for ripping DVDs. It just so happens that DVD VOBs are MPEG-2 compliant, so of course they are supported to some extent. I added AC3 support as a later development, but disabled it in the code I posted.

Belgabor
27th January 2003, 15:48
fccHandler will you be implementing the possibilty of using Avisynth filters in Vdub without the use of Avisynth itself? It would be a nice dialog to add so you just point at an Avisynth dll and have a window for typing the command parameters in for that plugin.

We have most of that, one way or the other, already in VirtualDubMod. Have a look at our features (shameless plug ;)) and tell us what you need more. fccHandlers mod will find its way into VDubMod sooner or later (I think pulco-citron wanted to add it, dunno what came of it yet).

Edit:
I just saw all this posts about including AviSynth into VirtualDubMod. I say I fail to see the use of it.

oddball
27th January 2003, 21:58
Because filters like Decomb and GreedyHMA are da bomb!

Josip Tosic
27th January 2003, 22:19
If you believe DivXNetworks:
Removed the Intelligent IVTC functionality due to persistent problems caused by lack of variable frame rate file format support. This technology will be back soon in a new form...
So we can expect built-in IVTC in the next release of DivX; I only hope it'll be as good as Decomb.

Belgabor
27th January 2003, 22:25
Because filters like Decomb and GreedyHMA are da bomb!

Hm, you misunderstood me, why should we put it into vdubmod when we have a perfectly working avisynth?

valnar
28th January 2003, 18:57
I'm not a developer, so forgive what will surely be a stupid question, but is there any reason all the authors of vDub, vDubMod, Nandub and FccHandler's vDub can't integrate their code into the same source?

Robert

sillKotscha
28th January 2003, 20:33
really a stupid question... have a seat, take a beer and reread this forum ;)

VDubMod = VDub + (OGG/M support = Mod) + parts of Nandub (not all of it) + (likely FccHandler's VDub in the near future)

cheers

Sill

oddball
28th January 2003, 20:46
Maybe I have this wrong. But what I was referring to was being able to load the Avisynth plugins like Decomb without using an Avisynth .avs script file. Seeing as this mod load MPEG2 directly then it seems pointless to load a .avs file using the MPEG2 dll in the Avisynth script etc. Maybe I have it wrong and someone can instruct me on how I do this without using a .avs file?

Belgabor
29th January 2003, 00:09
@sillKotscha: well, you missed hellalutof features in your equation, but you're right in priciple ;)

@oddball: I understand your reasoning, my reasoning goes like this: If you need basic vdub functions, open your mpeg2 file directly with vdubmod. If you need advanced features (example being decomb), use avisynth.
As a devel I have to say we simply don't have time for this, especially since there already is a working solution. But if you are a programmer and want to implement it into vdubmod you're welcome to do so ;)

Josip Tosic
29th January 2003, 12:00
First, kudos for considering switching to fccHandler's mod; looks to me like a much "cleaner" solution to the VirtualDub's MPEG-2 "drama".
Any coments on that, Mr. Belgabor? ;)

I understand what oddball is looking for; a decent IVTC in VirtualDub instead of it's 3:2 pulldown, and preferably something that'd work in "Fast recompress" mode.

I also understand that it'd be a bitch to implement and that it's questionable in the light of DivXNetworks' promise to implement an intelligent IVTC in the next release but still... a man can dream, can't he? ;)
Anyway, my dream is that one day I can open VOB's directly in VirtualDubMod and convert them to DivX in "Fast recompress" mode. It works that way for PAL movies but Yanks will just have to wait, I guess. :)

outlyer
29th January 2003, 13:18
Originally posted by Josip Tosic
... and that it's questionable in the light of DivXNetworks' promise to implement an intelligent IVTC in the next release but still...
Not so questionable, at least not by this reason; what about people using other codecs? ;)

Cyberhof
29th January 2003, 13:45
Hi I installed virtualdub 1.4.13 and then I put the virtualdub 1.4.13 with mpeg2 and ac3 support in that dir but I can't get it to work.
Tryed opening a divx file with ac3 sound and I could'nt play it or convert the audio.
Is there something else I need to do?:confused:
Thank's in advance!

Josip Tosic
29th January 2003, 17:18
Originally posted by outlyer
Not so questionable, at least not by this reason; what about people using other codecs? ;)
What other codecs? [Runs away before XviD mob gets him.] :D

Yah, yah, I know, I know, I've thought of it but was to lazy to write anything as it's SEP. :D

Originally posted by Cyberhof
Hi I installed virtualdub 1.4.13 and then I put the virtualdub 1.4.13 with mpeg2 and ac3 support in that dir but I can't get it to work.
Tryed opening a divx file with ac3 sound and I could'nt play it or convert the audio.
Is there something else I need to do? :confused:
Thank's in advance!
Get VirtualDubMod. fccHandler's mod opens AC-3 only in MPEG-2 streams - you can still open it (and save AC-3 track with "Save WAV" fetaure) but you cannot hear the audio stream.

Belgabor
29th January 2003, 17:40
Originally posted by Josip Tosic
Anyway, my dream is that one day I can open VOB's directly in VirtualDubMod and convert them to DivX in "Fast recompress" mode. It works that way for PAL movies but Yanks will just have to wait, I guess. :)

The point is, that already (kinda) works.

get nics mpeg2 decoder for avisynth
modify the respective template to include decomb
open your vob with 'Open via AviSynth'
voila, here you go :p

I get the impression some people tend to forget about certain VDubMod features which can be very powerful if used right ;)

fccHandler
29th January 2003, 20:50
Originally posted by Cyberhof
My AC3 support is part of the MPEG parser, meaning that VirtualDub doesn't use it for AC3 in an AVI file. I guess for that you'll need a separate ACM AC3 codec.

Cyberhof
30th January 2003, 15:49
Thanks Josip Tosic and fccHandler for your fast replys!
I'll do it the old way (with BeSweet instead). :D

Btw. still a nice modification on good old virtual dub!

Tabriz
30th January 2003, 20:35
I recently installed the above and ran it using 3 vob files joined with "file Merger". Absolutely no problem with this PAL large VOB. Tried frameserving into CCE with excellant results.

Next I ripped an 2xSVCDs with "isobuster" and joined the two mpeg files with file merger. Again these were read by virtual dub and were frameserved to CCE. These latter files were NTSC and frame rate was reduced by the program to 23.9 fps. After encoding I used "pulldown.exe" to recover the 29 fps. No problems encountered.

I did find it advisable to install Virtual Dub 13 first and the install the mpeg2 version. I then deleted virtual dub.exe and created a shortcut to virtual dub mpeg2.exe.

best regards
Tabriz

Petzku
4th February 2003, 19:20
Originally posted by movmasty

i just tryed it and worked fine, directly from dvd to divx,
9 fps with heavy filtering on a xp1800 at 768x416 res

ok, the movie was easy, not interlaced ,woody allen's piking up the pieces,
also audio syncro was ok [/B]

Why did you scale the picture up? over 720*576/480.

DDogg
24th February 2003, 09:33
I'm know I am late to this party, but justed wanted to say thanks to fccHandler. Due to a comment bb made I picked up on this version and directly opened without problem my ProCorder rendered mpeg-2 files. VdubMod, which I thought had merged your work, could not open them, so I had given up on that some time ago. Anyway, thanks for the work. It is a great mod.

DD