PDA

View Full Version : strange crash of avimux 1.11...

downloada
11th January 2003, 17:17
hi,

i just tried to mux an ac3 with a divx3.11-avi-file (the avi doesn't have any sound in it) but avimux always crashes. it's version 1.11

first i added the video, then i added the ac3, both have exactly the same length. then i clicked "add video source" and highlighted the ac3-stream in the available audio-streams-box. but the moment i click "begin" windows pops up a message that avimux was closed due to an exception. i looked into the "ereignisanzeige" (don't know what it's called in english, got a german windows...) and it says "division by zero" along with some other things like hex-adresses and stuff...

but it doesn't happen with every file, another file muxed just great, also with ac3. version 1.10 doesn't have this issue, but i heard that there can be problems with spdif-out on sb live-cards with videos muxed with that version, so i need 1.11 to work.

i hope that i made any sense and that this issue can be fixed...

cu

downloada
11th January 2003, 17:25
it seems that i didn't test enough...

the division by zero only happens if i uncheck "max filesize", with max filesize checked it muxes the file just great...

hope this helps

cu

alexnoe
12th January 2003, 01:11
I'll have a look at it, but I can't reproduce it at the moment! Strange is that someone else has sent me a similar bug report, but he reports avi mux gui being closed without error message...

kauffmbe
12th January 2003, 04:12
I am having the exact same problem. Program crashes with an exception error. I had no problems with 1.10 version at all.

alexnoe
12th January 2003, 09:48
Try this:

http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~noe/Video-Zeug/AVIMux%20GUI/Pre-release/

I'm still not sure what the problem is, I can only guess...

downloada
12th January 2003, 11:56
hi,

probably i didn't make myself absolutely clear (english isn't my native language...).

the error message isn't an avimux error-message, it is generated by windows, not by the program. i'll test if i can narrow down the problem even closer.

options i used when the error occured:
- input files were a divx3.11-video and an ac3-stream (don't know if it's a format-specific bug)
- rec list and open dml checked
- max filesize UNchecked (with this checked, the error didn't occur)
- interleaving/preload 75/500

i'll post here if the error vanishes with another combination of options...

edit: just tried the pre-release-version and it seems to fix the problem. the clip i use for testing is muxed without error, even if max filesize is unchecked.
i know it's not a big deal and there is a way to avoid the problem even in the "buggy" ;) version: just set the max filesize to a value the output will never reach, ie 2000mb.

the config.ini i used for all my tests:
[config]
format=%s (%d).avi
maxsize=2000
audiointerleave=75
preload=500
maxframes=0
opendml=1
reclists=1
avoidseekops=1
usemaxsize=1
makelegacyindex=0