PDA

View Full Version : convolution3D rocks

lancer
6th January 2003, 13:47
I bow down and kiss Vlad's feet. Jesus this filter is good.

Up till now smart smooth and smart smooth hiq amongst many other filters have been tried and while my job looks okay, there was still noise and banding in the color smoothing of my capture. basically it was just about acceptable.

taking the same source avi and using convolution with high quality on it knocks everything else into a cocked hat. what a fantastic filter this is for capturing from analogue sources.

heartily recommend, five stars to that man for effort!

HarryM
6th January 2003, 14:21
Originally posted by lancer
I bow down and kiss Vlad's feet. Jesus this filter is good.

Up till now smart smooth and smart smooth hiq amongst many other filters have been tried and while my job looks okay, there was still noise and banding in the color smoothing of my capture. basically it was just about acceptable.

taking the same source avi and using convolution with high quality on it knocks everything else into a cocked hat. what a fantastic filter this is for capturing from analogue sources.

heartily recommend, five stars to that man for effort!

Yes. It's excelent.
Convolution3D will be built-in into Avisynth in future. Possibly...:cool:

Didée
6th January 2003, 15:51
Yes, Convolution3D is great.

But let's not forget there are many other excellent filters.
FluxSmooth is also worth a try. Less compressability gain than C3D, but perhaps better in the main task: removing the noise. Also it's faster by a fair amount.
And, especially for analog captures, you should definetly try PeachSmoother!
And NoMoSmooth, and and and ...

wotef
6th January 2003, 16:20
quote: "convolution3d rocks"

verily, it doth rock, as does deen!

vlad59
6th January 2003, 16:54
Originally posted by Didée
Yes, Convolution3D is great.

But let's not forget there are many other excellent filters.
FluxSmooth is also worth a try. Less compressability gain than C3D, but perhaps better in the main task: removing the noise. Also it's faster by a fair amount.
And, especially for analog captures, you should definetly try PeachSmoother!
And NoMoSmooth, and and and ...

You should try the new fast matrix (2 or 3 instead of 0 and 1) if you want a faster encode with a little less compressibility.
But I agree on the fact that peachsmoother is way better to remove noise.

Ntsita
6th January 2003, 23:28
@vlad59

Hi, are these new fast matrix integrated in Conv3d for avisynth 2.0x?

Thanks^infinite.

P.S. Conv3d is always used in every my conversion (DVD=>XSVCD).

vlad59
7th January 2003, 09:48
Originally posted by Ntsita
@vlad59

Hi, are these new fast matrix integrated in Conv3d for avisynth 2.0x?

Thanks^infinite.

P.S. Conv3d is always used in every my conversion (DVD=>XSVCD).

Not yet, I thing I'll need 3 or 4 hours to merge the YUV2 and YV12 dll into one and make them share some code.
I won't have this time before the weekend.

Thanks to all for using C3D

digitize
10th January 2003, 15:33
hmmm, I've seem some posts saying that c3d isn't too good. My friend suggested that i try it, and i did. The source was Wolf's Rain (anime) which had quite a bit of noise. I found that it produced pretty good results, and is much faster compared to filters like 2d cleaner & sshiq. So.. good job vlad, I like your filter very much and hope to see updates, especially yv12 :p , unfortunately there is no huffyuv yv12 yet :mad: so i'll have to try an alternative like mjpeg.

vlad59
10th January 2003, 20:49
Another .Hack Sign avatar .........
Thanks for your interest, a new release should be out this weekend.

digitize
10th January 2003, 21:04
hehe yeah, i used to work for elite-fansubs (main group that worked on the series until it was licensed) as a timer/typesetter.

lipton
17th January 2003, 06:56
Off topic: What do you know... I work for elite-fansubs too =D

On topic: I used C3D for my Inu Yasha vidcaps and found that it did a superb job, especially with the high motion scenes which came out somewhat block in the cap. Love it and I love you for making it =D

jorel
17th January 2003, 07:06
really fantastic!:)

digitize
17th January 2003, 14:32
well i wouldn't say lippo worked for e-f, he's more like a yaoi sex slave =P. hehe just kidding.

lipton
17th January 2003, 18:45
Originally posted by digitize
well i wouldn't say lippo worked for e-f, he's more like a yaoi sex slave =P. hehe just kidding.

I can say the same abouot you... :devil: