PDA

View Full Version : problem - no volume control in mp3

Veronica
30th December 2002, 23:50
My mp3s made in BeaSweet and in headac3he have no volume control. I rip them from ac3 files to mp3 files and then open them in winamp and/or wmp, the volume slider has no effect. I have to use the volume on my stereo. This only happens in windows 98, not in windows XP. Does anyone know how to put in software volume control when encoding vbr mp3s using the lame dll? I have downloaded video files that have this same problem so it appears to be wide spread.

Thanks

mikecito
31st December 2002, 02:58
Just a guess, but I would say the problem lies in WinAmp for Win98... try opening the same files in Windows Media Player and see if you can't adjust the volume. The mp3 file has nothing to do with the volume adjustment. The volume slider in Winamp just moves a slider in your audio properties mix control, so maybe that connection is messed up, or maybe it's controlling the wrong sound card if you have more than one.

Veronica
31st December 2002, 05:33
Thanks for your input. In the above post I mentioned that it is the same with Windows Media Player, I refered to it as "wmp", sorry if I was not clear. The volume does not work in Windows Media Player or Winamp on windows 98 but it does work on XP in Windows Media Player.

Also, other mp3s that I rip from audio cds or whatever using continuouse bitrate do not have this problem.