PDA

View Full Version : help me please

mike4692
29th December 2002, 11:53
I have been backing up my dvd by useing the cretins guide and I have had good success but there have been a few films that have gave me problems, starwars AOTC and minority report , so I thought Id try useing cce to re_encode it which was great, done the dvd2avi thing which left me with the ac3 and m2v file the problem is how do I get thes to be remuxed and be in sync , is there a guide that will baby step me through this procces as the guides out there are very confusing loads of gui's and ac3dec,vob2audio,graphedit , the list goes on and on and I am going nowhere fast , please help me :confused:

framerman
29th December 2002, 16:41
OK. You need at least 3 or 4 files to complete this. I have just started reencoding movies after burning about 100 dvd-5's. I think I got lucky, but it's all in thanks to derrow and ifoedit 0.95. If you want subtitles, open up vobedit, open up your original vob file and press demux. In there you demux whatever subtitle you want. Save this to the same folder as your m2v and ac3 file. Then, in ifo edit, open up your original movie ifo. Then select VTS_PGCITI in the upper part of the IfoEdit window and select the PGC that belongs to the main movie. Under tools, press save cell times to file. Also save this to the same folder. Close ifoedit and reopen it. Go directly to author new dvd. Insert all files in the 4 boxes and save the remuxed files to c:\video_ts. Voila! I had a real hard time remuxing and getting audio to work correctly in imgtools. Didn't work. Derrow has the absolute best program around.

If this is confusing to you, I read this here:

http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/ifoedit-dvdauthor.htm

mike4692
29th December 2002, 17:21
cheers framerman , this looks just the ticket,Ive been scouring the forums for help for days , this subject has been a nightmare for me ,my nagging wife has been complaining about me being on the computer all day ( silly old moo ), only because i dont want to have 2 disc's of the minority report and AOTC , rempeg falls on its arse with these two dvd's and my trial for tmpegenc has run out and I havent even used it once , any way I will let you know how I get on , once again thanks , I hope this helps other newbies out there who are going through the same problem :D