PDA

View Full Version : 5.1 ac3 to 5.1 mpeg 4 aac

Mango Madness
20th December 2002, 22:58
well i successfully created a 5.1 wave file in besweet but none of the aac encoders (nero and pystel) will accept it. Any tricks or info i should know or is it too early to tell?

Sgt_Strider
21st December 2002, 01:32
Originally posted by Mango Madness
well i successfully created a 5.1 wave file in besweet but none of the aac encoders (nero and pystel) will accept it. Any tricks or info i should know or is it too early to tell?

Did you get a error saying that it can't open the mp4 file? Cuz that's what I got and its because besweet and headac3he always give me a damage file...This is really pissing me off.

mtrooper
21st December 2002, 02:39
If you're transcoding ac3 to aac then try aacmachine by DSPguru, it can create 5.1 aac files.

Sgt_Strider
21st December 2002, 09:34
Originally posted by mtrooper
If you're transcoding ac3 to aac then try aacmachine by DSPguru, it can create 5.1 aac files.

I just want to transcode it to wav so that I can use Nero to encode it to aac. I know it sounds stupid but I really don't want to use aacmachine as it uses psytel 2.15.

DSPguru
21st December 2002, 12:59
is the nero version of aacenc preserves the mutlichannel encoding capability ? are there any quality imporvements between v2.15 to Nero's ?

Mango Madness
21st December 2002, 18:40
I'm not sure. Both encoders crash when presented with a 5.1 wave file so I know of no way to test the multichannel capabilities of nero.

DSPguru
22nd December 2002, 07:24
I'm not sure. Both encoders crash when presented with a 5.1 wave file so I know of no way to test the multichannel capabilities of nero. Post your AacMachine logfile.

Mango Madness
23rd December 2002, 00:29
Aacmachine does just fine when using the program as it is meant to be used and will provide a correct 5.1 aac file. What i'm trying to test is nero's capabilities. So i created, with besweet, a 5.1 wave which is indeed 5.1 as read in the properties in the file information. But when introducing this wave file to pystel (without aacmachine, using pystel drop from rarewares) the program crashes. Nero also can't read the 5.1 file, so that lead me to suspect either something is wrong with either the wave file (which plays fine in all my programs) or something is wrong with psytel and nero.

Mango Madness
23rd December 2002, 14:16
Ok. Reading the forums over at HA i found out that it's nero's fault.