PDA

View Full Version : Adding subtitles to a divx 5 video

Nealhon
11th December 2002, 19:34
Hi, I have a divx 5 video with japanese audio, and I just got through with making the subs. I was wondering if there is any way that I can add the subtitles without having to reencode the video? I would just do them in .ogm but I have done almost the whole series in .avi already so I want to stick with .avi. If there is a program like this out there, please let me know, but if not I will just redo the whole video.

Thanks,

Nealhon

Xombie
11th December 2002, 21:49
Without re-encoding? How did you make the subs and what script format is it in? A simple solution would be to keep it the same name as the avi and let vobsub automatically display it while you're playing the avi file. If you're on a windows platform and have directx installed as well as vobsub and the script is supported by vobsub and is in the same directory as the avi, it should display the subs for you. Also, a player like Gabest's (who also wrote vobsub) MPC player has the ability to load a separate script for the file you're playing.

Is that the kind of thing you're looking for?

Schultz
12th December 2002, 00:34
Also to add onto what Xombie said.. If you created the subs in Ssa format you can use SubMux included with Vobsub to mux your video/audio and a Ssa file you choose into an Avi file.. Then all you need is Dvobsub installed on the machine to play it and it will all be in one file like Ogm are.