PDA

View Full Version : how to write vdub log files

vorbis
19th November 2002, 16:19
I'm trying to write a simple vb program to batch process a bunch of extras. How exactly do you write vdub log files. I've looked at job files source and the compdata part seems unintelligble. Is there an easier way to write codec parameters?

bergi
19th November 2002, 16:38
The codec parameters are codec internal. Look at the command line compressor source-code, i think there is some code about the codec parameters.

DaveEL
23rd November 2002, 23:12
Originally posted by vorbis
I'm trying to write a simple vb program to batch process a bunch of extras. How exactly do you write vdub log files. I've looked at job files source and the compdata part seems unintelligble. Is there an easier way to write codec parameters?

The information contained in this is specific to the codec used so you need to find a source of info on the codec your using or just trial and error till you find out what each part of it does. Then the line in the jobs file has 2 parameters the first is the size of the data and the second is the data after being Base64 encoded.

DaveEL

vorbis
23rd November 2002, 23:45
looks like trial and error then, i'll use the divx 5 codec instead as that can set a bitrate.

DaveEL
24th November 2002, 00:34
Originally posted by vorbis
looks like trial and error then, i'll use the divx 5 codec instead as that can set a bitrate.

Which codec did you want to use? Xvid is easy the config is the struct CONFIG in config.h (latest version http://cvs.xvid.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/vfw/src/config.h?rev=1.14.2.2&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup)

DaveEL