PDA

View Full Version : Anyone having the error "Cannot write to DVD2SVCD.ini" ?

wgs
17th November 2002, 02:10
I'me using the newest 1.1.0 build 1a and I get the error "Cannot write to DVD2SVCD.ini". It happens most of the time and am setting up nothing out of the ordinary. It possibly happens just before BeSweet is used.......anyone else having this problem? BTW the problem happens on two different computers....

wgs

markrb
17th November 2002, 04:42
If you have norton unerase shut it off.
If you have a anti-virus program shut it off while encoding.

Try these.

Mark

chainsaw135
17th November 2002, 14:32
Mark i like your new Avatar, kinda looks like me sometimes when i'm sitting down writing some asm code and i get stuck hehe:)

wgs
17th November 2002, 19:35
Thanks, I'll give it a try. I don't have Norton UnErase but will shut down PC-Cillin. Strange though, this is the first version of DVD2SVCD that exhibits this error, I've been using DVD2SVCD almost since the beginning....btw here is the generated error in the log file.....

Encoding Audio. Filename: D:\Movie\Extracted_audio_1.ac3
Executing BeSweet. Commandline:
"C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\BeSweet\BeSweet.exe" -core( -input "D:\Movie\Extracted_audio_1.ac3" -output "D:\Movie\Encoded_audio_1.mp2" -logfile "D:\Movie\Encoded_audio_1.log" ) -azid( -L -3db -c normal -s surround -g max ) -ota( -d -67 ) -shibatch( --rate 44100 ) -2lame( -e -b 192 -m s )
EIniFileException Unable to write to D:\Movie\DVD2SVCD.INI

rumba
17th March 2003, 17:26
Hi,
I also keep getting this message.
It happened since I installed the last release, 1.1.2 build 1, never happen before.
I do not have Norton unease and no virus protection software.

Usually the file is benign locked after audio extracting phase.

-Rumba

markrb
17th March 2003, 20:16
Try a search as there are a few more things to try on this issue.

Mark

SpliffyLeReu
28th March 2003, 21:36
Yep, I had this same problem through 3 versions of DVD2SVCD. I was manually burning stuff using about 4 different programs 'cuz of this error. I finally read enough of these posts and did two things. First, I went to file manager and made sure that the status of my DVD2SVCD folder and contents was not "read only" (File->Properties). And 2nd, I totally uninstalled PC-cillin. Since then it's worked perfectly, and it's so much friggin easier than doing it manually. I think this problem is common to XP, but what else are you going to use to game with? Thanks to the forum for the 5-day wait. It forced me to search for strings like this one.:p

pacohaas
29th March 2003, 04:45
Never had this problem on my old box, but my new A7N8X came with PC-cillin and now i have this problem. I had no clue why, thanks to this thread, now i know :rolleyes:.

markrb
29th March 2003, 08:26
SpliffyLeReu thanks very much for this.

One question. Did shutting off PC-cillin work or were you forced to completely un-install it to make DVD2SVCD work?

Mark

SpliffyLeReu
3rd April 2003, 01:18
I had to uninstall it. I had already turned it off, but was still having the problem. I may not have turned it off correctly, though. I went to Start->Run, and typed msconfig, clicked the last tab (Startup), and unchecked all the virus stuff, but it didn't work.