PDA

View Full Version : Multiple PGCs / Scenarist / Maestro

sidders
14th November 2002, 13:08
I am having a lot of problems reauthoring multiple PGCs in these programs. Iam using the CCE IFOUpdate method.
First I tried Maestro, using playlists. The problem I was having was that some of the chapter points in the playlists didn't correspond with chapters in the original movie. So, for example, I impotrted all the chapters from the movie into Maestro using Chapter Xtractor, then created a playlist. All fine up to here. But then, I had 20 seconds of a logo which was PGC 2. The first chapter point in the movie was 46 seconds, so in order to create this, I had to add another chapter point to the timeline. When I did this, it changed all the times in my playlist fot the first PGC!!! I couldn't see any way to rectify this, so I moved on to Scenarist....

OK, Scenarist.... I got the hand of the basics, i.e. importing the video and audio, and creting a script to import into SCenChap, then opening from script in Scenarist again. I also understood that each VTS folder was a new PGC, but adding all the points for each PGC confused me. Do I add a new scene for each point? If so, how do I stop this new scene appearing as a chapter in the movie? God, I hope people are understanding this...!!!!

I am going to attempt to do Crossroads tonight, which has 10 PGCs!!! Can anybody give me steps as to how to do this??

Thanks for reading!

caprioles9000
17th November 2002, 19:54
@SIDDER..
i seem to have the same problem......everything works fine when i use the ifoupdate/maestro guide ...however when my project is compiled....it seems that the first chapter does not correspond as with the original!!......Simply do not know what to do...does anyone have any suggestions.......it seems like it just shifts ...as if one chapter is mising ..however it is not ..the chapters start from 00:00:00:00 ...and end with the corresponding last chapter ....i'm stuck!!..Also whats strange is that PGC 4 is only one chapter and its the 00:00:00:00 ??? Is that normal!!

Well an update to my situation I have realized that it seems to miss the first chapter point of every PGC.....on the original the first chapter point is different than the one compiled......anyone got an idea what i might be doing wrong ....i just add the chapter points to maestros playlist by right clicking and then adding the chapter point itself (the corresponding chapter point ass listed by the ifoupdate output text)...so i am guessing that its not the way i add the chapterpoints to maestro...the question is waht could it be what am i missing here????

Last edited by caprioles9000 on 17th November 2002 at 18:01

caprioles9000
18th November 2002, 09:34
well looks like i have found my problem ..when i was re-encoding with CCE ..i used the wrong chapter positions:(....i guess thats wht the chp. file from ifoupdate did not match .......guess it was my own mistake .....so ..i'll post again if it works...