PDA

View Full Version : Append AVIs with vfw

bergi
13th November 2002, 22:29
I want to make a little program, which can read avis from cd and write them to harddisc, when on cd was copyied you can insert the next disc and append it to the avi on the harddisc. My problem is, how to write the streams back to my file on the harddisc? I've tested 'AVISAVE', but with this function you can't append an other avi. Now i use AVIStreamRead, but how can i write the compressed (like virtual dub 'direct stream copy') data, and how mux video and audio (video only one stream and audio 1 or 2 streams)? Should i use the 'AVIMakeCompressedStream', or just write it with 'AVIStreamWrite'?

alexnoe
13th November 2002, 23:40
I've given up the vfw crap and wrote my own AVIFile-class to handle this ;)

bergi
14th November 2002, 21:36
I've tested the functions of vfw but still it isn't working, but i've made a little tool called ac3extractor.zip (http://www.muehlhausen.org/home/bergi/ac3extractor.zip). It's a very simple program, but if someony is interested in it you can download the sourcecode + binary.
I'm going to look at directshow now, perhaps it's simpler using ds than vfw. I think first step is looking to the oggmux sourcecode.

alexnoe
14th November 2002, 21:50
Well, I know very well why I didn't use DS either: You won't believe it, but if you check DS-created AVI files carefully, then they are invalid (nothing serious, but this shouldn't be)!

DS-AVI reader doesn't work either (not playing Open-DML files with more than 3 audio streams is such a bug). But well, it's only Microsoft :scared:

-h
14th November 2002, 23:27
Hey don't knock the bugs in Microsoft's AVI parser, it's just such a bug that allows VBR audio streams ;)

-h