PDA

View Full Version : Mpeg Mediator with transport stream support

rc3105
8th November 2002, 19:13
hi all, there's a very usefull utility for transcoding from mpeg 1/2 directly into avi files.

http://www.mpeg-mediator.com/

it supports flask-style plugins including bbmpeg so it can also do mpeg 1->2 or 2->1 or act as a frameserver

it's based partially on dvd2avi, and I think if it's mpeg decoding routines could be incorporated into virtualdub it'd be terrific. it'd save a step anyway & cut encode times.

my personal goal is to add the ability to directly open transport streams from tivo / hdtv / nonstarndard pc capture cards

the source is available on the website, but I can't get it to compile. it's done in visual c++ and it seems to be missing the prtypes.h prextensions.h & prcompile.h files.

I've spoken with the author and he feels it's probably a compiler setup issue on my end, and this seems like a good place to explore development possibilities so here goes....

has anybody else tried to compile this prog?

I have vc++ 6 professional with service pack 5, the masm & processor packs installed. I'm kinda new to ms vc++ so it's probably something dumb on my part.

I'm a bit of a direct-tivo guru & am coming a at this from the angle of wanting to be able to archive extracted dtv mpeg2 streams easily.

--
Riley