PDA

View Full Version : French Rip-Pack, DVD2OGM fully automated

georges_kaplan
5th November 2002, 18:58
http://akacia.ca.tc
http://membres.lycos.fr/akaciarp/screenshots/screenshots.html
http://download.adaptec.com/software_pc/aspi/aspi_v472a2.exe

Akacia Rip-Pack is an all-in one Rip-Pack, using totally legal softwares.
It can :
- Rip a DVD and encode it to DivX
- Rip only the DVD
- Encode only from a rip

Akacia is based on :
- Vstrip for the ripping
- VirtualDub and AviSynth for the video encoding
- BeSweet for the audio encoding
- Ogmuxer for the multiplexing
- CdrTools for the burning

It supports :
- Angle Selection
- 1 or 2 pass DivX Pro 5.0.2 (required) encoding
- Deinterlacing
- IVTC
- Image Smoother (for anime)
- Dual language (BivX)
- AC3 audio channel(s)
- OGG Vorbis audio channel(s)
- Chaptering
- Embeded Subtitling (definitive)
- SubRip (SRT) Subtitling
- 1 or 2 CD output (with a bitrate calculator)
- OGM output
- Burning on a CDR of the final file (with or without an Autorun)
- Can turn off the computer after the encoding
- Skins (JPG and BMP and font)
- Log creation with stats (ripping time, encoding time, etc ...)
Required :
- A brain ?...
- DivX Pro 5.0.2 (adware or not)
- The latest Adaptec Aspi drivers

The advantages of Akacia :
- Really easy to use
- Uses the latest encoding technologies (DivX, OGG, AviSynth)
- You can preview the video dimensions, even from the DVD
- Fully automated

Akacia Rip-Pack should work on all Windows versions since Win 98 (to be confirmed).
Akacia is written with Borland Delphi 6.

To do in Akacia :
- Add an OCR function to convert the ripped subtitles in SRT
- Multi-language support (only french language is available up to now)

goweropolis
6th November 2002, 22:15
Wow, colour me interested. A package like this is a great way to turn more people on to the magic of OGM.

A couple of comments (before having actually tried the program):

1. Does/Will it support Xvid as a video encoder? I have been using GordianKnot with DivX because it's more automated process, but ultimately since Xvid is open source, I'd like to switch to it eventually.

2. Does it really work with muxing AC3s into an OGM? Something I still don't understand how to do, despite reading all the discussions about Koepi's OggMux & Suiryc's OgMuxer.

Will try the using the program ASAP. Has anyone tried it yet?

The Belgain
6th November 2002, 23:42
I'm trying it out now on a short rip, and it seems really nice. I really like the way it automatically does the chapters for you. Very nice. Also, it's muuch more automated than GKnot: no need to set up smartripper, then DVD2AVI, then set it encoding.

A couple of questions though: if I want to get it to use the original ac3 audio, how do I do that? The options seem to be only to transcode the ac3 to either 384 5.1 or 192 stereo. Am I missing something?

Also, it crashed Virtual Dub when I tried to use the preview option. Oh, and is there any way to queue jobs?

Other than that, great work.

The Belgain
7th November 2002, 03:49
Ok, I tested it and unfortunately, it didn't work. The outputted ogm file was empty (size 0 bytes, nothing in it (opened in notepad)). The intermediate avi was only 80 KB big (should have been around 3 meg).

I don't know what went wrong...all the apps were launched correctly. Has anyone tried this and been successful?

ookzDVD
7th November 2002, 04:32
Good news,

but it's for lazy people :)

georges_kaplan
7th November 2002, 11:33
Merci les gars de participer à l'évolution du prog !
D' ici quelques heures, une nouvelle version sera en ligne (pour le test seulement, car DspGuru ne m'a pas encore officiellement donné son accord pour la distribution de BeSweet.
Pour ce qui est du multiplexage final, Ozone va rajouter une boucle qui fera répeter l' opération tant que le(s) OGM n'ont pas été créé.
Ce qui m' aiderait à comprendre, ce serait de copier-coller le contenu d'un .log qui a déconné et le contenu de l' .OMX généré, ainsi que les fichiers réellement créés avant que le multiplexage plante.
L'AC3 final (quand AC3 est choisi) est au même format que le DVD mais il est en plus normalisé (c'est mieux).

[Toff]
7th November 2002, 11:58
Don't forget it's an english forum ;)

georges_kaplan said (in short terms) :
A new version will be up in few hours (for test only, waiting for DSPGuru agreement for BeSweet).
Send me your .log & .omx file to understand what is the problem with ogm muxing.
The AC3 option take the original AC3, and just normalize it before muxing.

georges_kaplan
7th November 2002, 13:08
So, Ozone's speaking now, ... hem, yes, the other guy working on the Akacia project... Now, bugs have been corrected :

FRENCH :
Hum, le bug bizarre du non-muxage est maintenant "corrigé", Akacia va faire 8 tentatives espacées d' une seconde après la création des OGG Audio de muxage... si elles échouent toutes alors le log affiche l' erreur mais le processus continue... (mise à part la gravure, bien entendu).

ENGLISH :
Hem, the weird bug of un-muxed files is now "fixed", Akacia will try 8 attempts (each second) of Muxing after creating the Audio OGG... if all of them have failed, the log file display an error message, but the process continues... (except for the Burning CD part, of course).

So, new version on line ! Enjoy-it ^^ !
http://akacia.ca.tc/

The Belgain
7th November 2002, 20:37
I tried again with the new version (3.0.2) and it does exactly the same thing as the first one. The ogm is completely empty, the avi is 80 KB.

When I have time, I'll post all the files it produced.

Good luck with the devolopment, it will be a great tool once it works, making the automation that much easier, especially for doing a whole season's worth of episodes for example.

georges_kaplan
8th November 2002, 21:25
ENGLISH :

-Vdub was set by akacia in Full process mode, but now, it's set in FAST process (which speeds up encoding)

-final oggmuxing is repeated 8 times until the ogm is'nt created before showing an error msg.

FRANÇAIS :

-Vdub était réglé par akacia en Full process, mais maintenant il est réglé en FAST process (ce qui évite un passage par RGB et qui accélère -normalement- la compression)

-le process de mux est répété 8 fois tant que l'ogm n'est pas créé avant de faire une erreur

neird
9th November 2002, 13:21
Good job, i think this tool could increase the ogm popularity.

Suggestions:
-Add crop function(i know that's difficult)
-Add LanczosResize filters
-remove this ugly effect on the mouse :rolleyes:

And it will be perfect :D

what's the command line input for besweet(for ogg encoding)?

vinouz
14th November 2002, 18:11
Après le lancement de Kiauto.exe (non installé, directement depuis program Files, afin de voir que donnait cet autolauncher), celui-ci est passé en mode video 640*480*?? (po regardé) alors que j'étais en 1024*768*32. Depuis, Ni DirectDraw ni Direct3D ne fonctionnent en Hard sur ma machine. (essayé DirectXDiag)
J'ai tenté de réinstaller (DirectX8.1 eng sur Win2KPro fr) mon DirectX, mes drivers ATI (Rage Mobility = Xpert98...). Mon accélération est toujours inactive.
J'ai l'air d'un con moi sans même un Overlay !!!
Que s'est-il passé ? Akacia fait-il appel a D3D, ou à l'overlay ? Comment délocke-t-il le DVD ? (je n'avais lancé précédemment aucun lecteur DVD commercial pour ce faire)

Merci d'avance.
----

At the first launch of Kiauto.exe (directly from the soft package, to see how it behaved), it switched tu 640*480*?? (didn't look) while I was in 1024*768*32. Since, Neither DirectDraw nor Drect3D HAL work on my machine (tried DXDiag).
I tried to reinstall DirectX (v8.1 eng on a Win2KPro fr), and my ATI (Rage Mobility = Xpert98) drivers, HAL still isn't present.
Cool. How do I do now without even my Overlay !!!
I wonder what happened. Does Akacia use D3D or Overlay somewhere ? How does it delocks DVD ? (as I didn't launch any DVD player do unlock my drive first)

Thanks in advance.

[Edit : In Fact it was launching the Kiauto.exe autolauncher in Kiauto to test it that I came back that way. Still, I haven't found Back my D3DHal&Overlay reenabled, even after reinstalling my Video Drivers, VIA4in1 agp drivers and DirectX (tried 8.1 french, 8.1 english and even 9.0RC0, the DX Hardware functions are still disabled....)]

vinouz
16th November 2002, 14:08
OK. Dunno Why, but some 30 hours later, after getting back to Win98 to see some Direct3D Demo (http://www.theproduct.de - 64Kb intros by farb-rausch [Edit : try first fr-08, as for me fr-19 is way too slow] - Excellent ! Try making more compact ;) - but some glitches without NVidia cards), my HAL came back.
I was considering removing startup services one by one to test which one would occupy my HAL layer if so had happened...
Maybe my poor ATI Rage Mobility Card got too hot ;).

Anyways, it's over now. SO it may just come from me (or Murphy's law).

See you, Vince