PDA

View Full Version : To Mod. MPUCODER

Kenwood
19th October 2002, 11:04
Dear Sir,

Have recently encouterd a possible problem with ReMPEG-2 1.5.2. and two movies.
The Movies in question are:

- Beverly Hills Cop 1 (Region 2 - Dutch)
- Back To The Future 1 (Region 2 - Dutch).

I don't know if you are the author of ReMPEG-2 1.5.2, if not, consider this threat as not posted and delete it please.
After the ReMPEG-2 1.5.2 process & remuxing the both movies are 'shaking' a little bit:

- Beverly Hills Cop 1 at approx 1:20:00 hrs.
- Back to The Future 1 between 9 and 10 mins.

Whatever setting I use, the problem keeps occuring.
Used ReMPEG 1.5.2 many times without any problem and delivers very good quality and I'am very pleased with the program.
Also tried TMPGEnc Plus version 2.58, and to my supprise no problems at all at the above given time points.
I also send a email to Darrow and he will investigate.
If you take a close look a both movies (both from Universal) you will see that it starts with a 2sec. black screen and then the Universal Studio's logo appears.
Loaded from both movies the .ifo from the main movie files and pressed the Create Tmpg T. button in Ifoedit.
In both cases the first GOP key differs from the rest.
As I understand, ReMPEG-2 1.5.2. takes the first GOP key to decode/encode the movie.
Forgive me, if this is not right and please correct me.
However, if I check in TMPGEnc, it uses not the first GOP key, but a diffrent one, and the rempeg process goes ok.
But, much, much more work to do before I can start the rempeg process with TMPGEnc, I like ReMPeg-2 1.5.2. much more.
These problems also seems to occur with movies that contain the Warner Bros logo.
Check these 2 threads on the afterdawn forum:

- http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/3781
- http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/4799

A real great program - my compliments !
Hope you can do something with the info, and again, please forgive me if my conclusions are not right and coreect them.
Give you my best regards and greetings.
Cincerely yours,

Kenwood

It's not my intention to crosspost, but I was trying to find you and I hope I did.

mpucoder
19th October 2002, 16:08
You should have done a search on ReMPEG2 first. Then you would know that the author, who went by the name ReMPEG, abandoned the program some years ago. Doom9, myself, and others have tried to reach him and urge him to resume work on the program, or to release the source for others to carry on, but to no avail. The program does what it does, and we can only guess at how.

Kenwood
20th October 2002, 09:07
Hello MPUCoder,

Thanks for the fast reply !
Also tried to locate the creator.
Sorry for the mistake.
Will give it a rest.
Also received a email from a other mod, and got a strike because I send you a private message.
This is against forum rule no. 10 -> big appology from my side to you !
Being a mod. myself on a total diffrent forum (witch has nothing to do with DVD) I get sometimes private messages and this is no problem overthere.
Ok, but on this forum that is -> my mistake.
Also asked Kaizen to kill my account.
Give all mods. and admins. and users my best regards and good luck with the Doom9 forum.

Kenwood