PDA

View Full Version : Compiling avisynth plugin dlls with simple compiler

OUTPinged_
3rd October 2002, 21:04
Hello guys.

So here it is: i got a tutorial avisynth dll source from http://math.berkeley.edu/~benrg/avisynth-extensions.html and tried to compile it. Had no success so i am seeking help here.

I am using Dev-c++ IDE as a quick and dirty way to write simple cpp stuff. I cant install VC or BCB there so my choise is kinda limited.

Random dll's are compiling ok so IDE is not guilty.

I quickly checked a source and it seems ok too.

I tried to compile it including avisynth.h and internal.h (one by one) and failed both time with compiler reporting problems with includes with 'vfw.h' file.

I got vfw.h file from a guy with VC7 but it still doesnt compile although i get different error message now (says error in vfw.h because some other mm*.h includes state different things.).

Same thing happened when .h file from Wine source was used.

Is there a 'vfw.h' file that doesnt require whole VC7 installed on my pc?

Is there any way to compile a avisynth filter dll without complex development environment at all?

(assume i have a Cygwin and Mingw compilers and the most basic set of includes)

[edit] Update: i have tried avisynth.h that was provided by DG in a similar thread and it doesnt compile anyway :-(

3rd October 2002, 22:38
It's not that the whole VC7 is needed; it is rather that many Windows platform SDK headers are needed! It is just the case that VC7 provides those for you.

Have some kind soul give you the include directory from VC7 or get the headers from the Microsoft web site by downloading the appropriate platform SDK.

OUTPinged_
3rd October 2002, 22:52
Roger that sir! <o

milan
4th October 2002, 08:27
Is it even possible to compile AviSynth filters with GCC?
Sorry, I don't know much about AviSynth API (I haven't developed or compiled any filter yet), but AFAIK it uses C++ classes. But I think MSVC and GCC have different C++ ABIs. For example many of AviSynth classes contains virtual functions and if MSVC and C++ uses different virtual method tables layout AviSynth will not be able to call the right methods.
It's interesting for me, becuase I'm thinking about creating AviSynth interface to ffdshow's image processing filters and as always I would like to be able to compile it with GCC too.