PDA

View Full Version : Derrow, When IFOEdit 0.934 out ?

mck3nzi3
3rd October 2002, 14:29
Is betatesting at good point ?

I do not see the hour that decoy the new version...

And I pray to you... I do not have one credit card in order to donate on paypal, sorry :-(

Bleeeaaa ! Altavista translation is very, very bad

Derrow
3rd October 2002, 16:11
Like it looks now, the estimated date when it goes public will be about Oct 14.

I'm sorry for that huge delay, but I'd like to fix/enhance as much as possible, to avoid further emails with bugreports.

But there's one thing I would like to clear up in front.
It will be not possible yet, to remux CCE encoded m2v files.

Many users got confused with my announcement of the DVD Authoring feature.
It's an own new feature that just makes it possible to author own new DVD's. But they will not contain a menu, and chapters are not working yet. The DVD will just have one chapter. But you can use any m2v file you like, even a CCE encoded one.

There's a bit more work to do until CCE remux will will be possible, so you have still to stay a bit patient. I'm working hardly on it :)

Sp33d
3rd October 2002, 16:37
I hope everyone takes some time to paypal some funds to Derrow. You are still accepting funds, correct?

mck3nzi3
3rd October 2002, 16:58
I seems to understand therefore that however it will be possible to only make the remux a CEE file but with only one chapter, it's right ? Or CEE remux don't work anyway ?

Doom9
3rd October 2002, 17:54
@ mck3nzi3 : no. At the moment no remux is possible whatsoever. What is possible is that you take an m2v, and DVD compliant audio streams (at the moment PCM, MP2 and AC3) and create set of new VOB and IFO/BUP files which you can then burn onto a DVD±R/W. This is like you had a simple DVD authoring program that would only allow you to add audio channels to a video track, without any chapters and subtitles. Eventually chapters and subtitles will come and one day it will also be possible to remux cce files like you can do in IfoEdit v0.932 and earlier versions.
You may think that's not a big achievement but until this day there's NO free program that can take DVD compliant audio and video streams and multiplex them to VOBs that your standalone player can handle. So, while it's not feature complete it's a major step forward to a free DVD authoring solution. Who knows, maybe one day IfoEdit will become a full fledged DVD authoring program that rivals Scenarist but is completely free..

Yusaku
3rd October 2002, 22:07
regarding to this, I was wondering from the time mux feature was announced: what are the technical problems behind sub muxing? I can understand audio, being packed in VOBUs and with the need to fit into all bandwidth + delay requirements, but not subs.
Bitrate is apparently not an issue, since substreams are small; so - how is muxing a sub stream different from audio stream (except audio being CBR and subs heavily VBR)?

And similar to this: how are chapters done in the VOB files? I thought it is just a flag in the headers; but would it be so easy I guess it'd be implemented even in 0.94 ;)

Keep up the good work, Derrow - you're convincing me more and more to buy a DVD burner :) And, please... if you don't feel like replying don't. I'll much rather see working IfoEdit than pages of explanations... although it bugs me ^_^

Derrow
3rd October 2002, 23:45
Thank you Doom9 for that excellent explanation.
I couldn't describe it better.

@Yusaku
The problem with subpictures is just, you don't have a contigoues subpicture-stream, like audio and video. Subpictures are simply packed BMP files, that can apear at any time.

But it will be possible for me, to demux existing subpictures and use them for authoring a new DVD. I just need some more time, to implement that into IfoEdit.

Chapters are not simply flags! It's much more complicated, so this will take me some more time aswell.

But when I've got above things implemented, then remuxing of any m2v file into an existing DVD Title-Set should be no problem.
I think I'll have that all done by beginning of december.

atreides93
4th October 2002, 02:34
wow derrow. i'm blown away. i remember asking once if you'd ever add the ability to take your own m2v and ac3 or wav file and generate VOB's and someone trashed me and said that's what a DVD authoring program is for.
i'm amazed that its finally going to come true!

lwdarling
4th October 2002, 04:45
Yes, Derrow is still accepting paypal donations. I just sent him $50. Even if he quits right now on this project, it was still the best $50 I ever spent....

Larry

DirtyAbdul
5th October 2002, 18:12
:D

yep, just donated 10 bucks -- and more to come as IfoEdit continuously approaches the magical "1.00" ;)

derrow, i hope you're not working alone by yourself! too many sedentary hours might give you a whole bunch of zits under your butt and could cause impotence :eek: (hey, just kidding! :)).

keep up the awesome work!!!!!!!!!! ya rule!

DA

ps: can hardly await the premier of 0.94 on oct 14!!! i bet you're gonna have a lot of traffic on that day... :cool:

hendrix
6th October 2002, 13:46
The DVD Authoring feature in IfoEdit094 is great - so far I've had no problems remuxing .m2v files transcoded with TMPGEnc 2.58. Both audio and video are in sync. Since only 1 chapter can only be created - just use DVD Quick Builder demo to add the chapters.

"the hendrix"

DirtyAbdul
8th October 2002, 06:39
yeah, but remuxing rempeg'ed m2v-files with the 0.94 pre4.1 still results in freezing movies as compared to the 0.6 version... :( (bummer)

hendrix, what's your experience in this regards?

DA

hendrix
8th October 2002, 07:18
actually i have had no problems with the proggy freezing.
both pre 4 and 4.1 seems to work fine when remuxing .m2v and .ac3 files using the DVD Authoring feature.

DirtyAbdul - what program are you using to transcode your vob files to .m2v

btw im using windows xp

hendrix

lwdarling
8th October 2002, 14:28
I can verify that the latest prerelease version of IFOedit (0.94 Prerelease42) finally will let us throw away IFOedit 0.6!!!

No more pauses in rempeg2'd movies!!!

Nice job Derrow!

mikegun
8th October 2002, 14:47
hi,

I have one movie that somehow stutters after remuxing (used an older version of ifoedit, can't remember which). do
you think I can successfully demux audio and video from the
existing vobs and reauthor it without stuttering ?

regards, mike

p.s. I demuxed the video und again remuxed it with latest ifoedit
prerelease and no more stuttering :)

DirtyAbdul
8th October 2002, 15:23
Originally posted by hendrix
actually i have had no problems with the proggy freezing.
both pre 4 and 4.1 seems to work fine when remuxing .m2v and .ac3 files using the DVD Authoring feature.

DirtyAbdul - what program are you using to transcode your vob files to .m2v

btw im using windows xp

hendrix

hendrix, what prog are YOU using to produce M2Vs? i'm using rempeg: just click a few buttons and go to bed. i'm just too lazy to start tweaking around with tmpgenc and don't have access to CCE. my OS is win xp, too, and had little problems so far.

but lwdarling has obviously experienced no more freezes with pre42! so let's hope, it's going to stay that way ;)

has anyone tried to remux with m2v-files that are produced with tmpgenc?

DA

mikegun
8th October 2002, 16:39
Since only 1 chapter can only be created - just use DVD Quick Builder demo to add the chapters.

"the hendrix"

hi the hendrix,

please explain how you insert chapters.

regards,

mike

p.s. after some testing with quick builder: can s.o. explain me plz how anyone can seriously use this peace of shitty software ?

DirtyAbdul
8th October 2002, 20:10
Originally posted by lwdarling
I can verify that the latest prerelease version of IFOedit (0.94 Prerelease42) finally will let us throw away IFOedit 0.6!!!

No more pauses in rempeg2'd movies!!!

Nice job Derrow!
lwdarling!

don't sing "hallelujah" too early! I just did some remuxing with version 0.94 pre42 and it has indeed DRAMATICALLY reduced freezing! BUT the freezing DOES STILL persist! so compared to the versions <0.94, that is an improvement, but does NOT render version 0.6 obsolete! 0.6 is still superior. so, if you want to be on the SURE side, you better stick with 0.6.

DA

Derrow
8th October 2002, 20:13
Damn, and I though I've got it now.
grrr.

DirtyAbdul
8th October 2002, 20:35
sorry derrow,

no pressure from here, though :rolleyes:

DA :D

PS: i don't know how you guys feel (ALL the readers out there), but it's fine with me if derrow needs to postpone the public release for some more finetuning...

PS2: i will do some more experimenting as soon as my new 120 GB hdd arrives (in a few days) -- i just seem to constantly run out of space :sly: .

Derrow
8th October 2002, 20:59
Strange, I just get positive responses about the new version.
You're the first one ,who still have freezing issues.

Just got a mail from someone, who took an old remuxed DVD, where the freezing prob was existing, then he demuxed the m2v, and remuxed it back with the newest version, and now it's running perfect :)

lwdarling
8th October 2002, 22:37
DA-
Can you give some more info with the problems you have with 0.94 pre 4.2?

Where and how often are you getting the freezing? What movie(s) are you using?

I used "Panic Room" Region 1, with 0.91, 0.932, and 0.94 pre 1, and had major problems. 0.94 pre 4.2 was flawless.

For Derrow to be able to track this down I think we need specific examples!

Thanks!

DirtyAbdul
9th October 2002, 02:06
Originally posted by lwdarling
DA-
Can you give some more info with the problems you have with 0.94 pre 4.2?

Where and how often are you getting the freezing? What movie(s) are you using?

I used "Panic Room" Region 1, with 0.91, 0.932, and 0.94 pre 1, and had major problems. 0.94 pre 4.2 was flawless.

For Derrow to be able to track this down I think we need specific examples!

Thanks!

lwdarling:

i used "die hard with a vengeance," (region 1 and not the trilogy version -- if that makes any difference) ripped w/ decrypter, rempeg'ed and then remuxed with 0.94 pre 4.2 keeping all the subtitle and audio streams. main movie "stutters" regularly (about every 5-10 sec.) and "stuttering" starts right away at the beginning with the 20th century logo. i wouldn't call this "freezing" anymore b/c it's more like a "hickup." :p

i really want to experiment with some more movies (ie. rempeg some more vobs), but i need HDD SPACE :mad: . that's why i couldn't experiment with m2v-streams created by tmpegenc either. my new hdd should arrive at the end of this week... (fingers crossed).

hope this helps :confused:

DA

hendrix
9th October 2002, 02:09
Originally posted by DirtyAbdul

hendrix, what prog are YOU using to produce M2Vs? i'm using rempeg: just click a few buttons and go to bed. i'm just too lazy to start tweaking around with tmpgenc and don't have access to CCE. my OS is win xp, too, and had little problems so far.

but lwdarling has obviously experienced no more freezes with pre42! so let's hope, it's going to stay that way ;)

has anyone tried to remux with m2v-files that are produced with tmpgenc?

DA

im using TMPGEnc 2.58 :rolleyes:

DirtyAbdul
9th October 2002, 02:16

im using TMPGEnc 2.58 :rolleyes:

hendrix: so have you tried to remux tmpgenc-m2v streams back into the original vob??? any "freezing" or "hickups?"

DA

hendrix
9th October 2002, 02:21
Originally posted by mikegun

hi the hendrix,

please explain how you insert chapters.

regards,

mike

p.s. after some testing with quick builder: can s.o. explain me plz how anyone can seriously use this peace of shitty software ?

Mike, first a remux the .m2v and .ac3 file with IFOEdit
after all the .vob file are made i check to see if the video/audio are in sync.

then i load the VTS_01_0.IFO file which has only 1 chapter and save it into a different fold this time with the VOB file option file size set to no split so it will produce a 1 big vob file.

then i open dvd quick builder - ckeck mark on DVD Style 1 and click on the title button then open the big vob file

then mark in to chapter times - compare it with the original VTS_01_0.IFO file (with all the chapters) when finished click on the "Create DVD Files on Hard Disk Drive for Simulation"
after its finished.
use IFOEdit again to save it to a different folder then you're done

it's really easier then it sounds

hendrix

ps. if anyone knows an easier way please let me know :)

DirtyAbdul
9th October 2002, 02:30
hendrix: in other words, you were actually working with the FINISHED vob and just editing chapters INTO the ifo-file?

where did you get the dvd quick builder demo?

DA

hendrix
9th October 2002, 02:32

hendrix: so have you tried to remux tmpgenc-m2v streams back into the original vob??? any "freezing" or "hickups?"

DA

actually i use the DVD Authoring feature to remux the m2v and the ac3 files together. i havent tried the remuxing the m2v file created with tmpgenc back into the original vob files due to async files in the past.

the ac3 file is created using dvd2avi then corrected with ac3 delay corrector.

hope this clears things up a bit

hendrix

hendrix
9th October 2002, 03:24
hendrix: in other words, you were actually working with the FINISHED vob and just editing chapters INTO the ifo-file?

where did you get the dvd quick builder demo?

DA

Yes.

i dont remember where i found dvd quick builder demo - i did a
search a while back
id be happy to send a copy to you if you'd like

hendrix

DirtyAbdul
9th October 2002, 03:40

Yes.

i dont remember where i found dvd quick builder demo - i did a
search a while back
id be happy to send a copy to you if you'd like

hendrix

great :D ! but how big is the demo :eek: ??? if it's less than 5 mb please send it to "DirtyAbdul@yahoo.com"

muchas gracias!

DA

PS: i did a search, too, but only landed on the website with some DVD wise junior edition demo... the REAL "dvd wise" is supposedly the "big brother" of the quick builder... but "junior edition" sounded weird, so i didn't even cared to d/l it -- installation might only mess up my system :sly:

hendrix
9th October 2002, 04:27

great :D ! but how big is the demo :eek: ??? if it's less than 5 mb please send it to "DirtyAbdul@yahoo.com"

muchas gracias!

DA

PS: i did a search, too, but only landed on the website with some DVD wise junior edition demo... the REAL "dvd wise" is supposedly the "big brother" of the quick builder... but "junior edition" sounded weird, so i didn't even cared to d/l it -- installation might only mess up my system :sly:

check your e-mail bro
enjoy :)
hendrix

lwdarling
9th October 2002, 04:43
Has anyone else experienced remuxing "hickups" with 0.94 prerelease 4.2?

I've tried several movies and I am not able to recreate the problems that DirtyAbdul has reported.

If anyone has a problem, please post it here, and include the details.

If anyone is having sucess with 0.94 pre 4.2 please post that here as well.

Thanks!

lwdarling
9th October 2002, 04:50
Has anyone else experienced remuxing "hickups" with 0.94 prerelease 4.2?

I've tried several movies and I am not able to recreate the problems that DirtyAbdul has reported.

If anyone has a problem, please post it here, and include the details.

If anyone is having sucess with 0.94 pre 4.2 please post that here as well.

Thanks!

DirtyAbdul
9th October 2002, 07:16

check your e-mail bro
enjoy :)
hendrix

eh hendrix: thank you so much! did receive it and will experiment with it when time allows. it's kind a late now (time to snore :o ).

DA

mikegun
9th October 2002, 07:17

then i load the VTS_01_0.IFO file which has only 1 chapter and save it into a different fold this time with the VOB file option file size set to no split so it will produce a 1 big vob file.

thank you, thats the "trick" to do it :)
setting up the chapters is a bloody mess. maybe I found an old version of the demo ? the setupfile is about 1,3 mb, and I
found no version number.

regards, mike

btw. the .ifo created by dvd quick builder contains wrong values.
the resolution changed from 704 to 352.

Antonio S.
10th October 2002, 03:41
Yes !!! The 0.94 pre 4.2 have FREEZE problems whem using the Re-Mux feature with m2v files created with TMPGEnc. Maybe the problem is not the Re-Mux itself... Maybe is the way the TMPGEnc text file is created since version 0.932.

Antonio S.

DirtyAbdul
10th October 2002, 08:05
Originally posted by Antonio S.
Yes !!! The 0.94 pre 4.2 have FREEZE problems whem using the Re-Mux feature with m2v files created with TMPGEnc. Maybe the problem is not the Re-Mux itself... Maybe is the way the TMPGEnc text file is created since version 0.932.

Antonio S.

aaaah, muchas gracias for your input, antonio! and i thought i was the only one with this problem (whew :rolleyes: ). i have received my 120 gig hdd today and still need to install it (didn't have time). after that, i will rip the heck out of my dvds until my drives smoke!!! :scared: let's see then how well 0.94 pre 4.2 will do :devil:

btw, i removed "a few" files so make some space for my experiments. i'm still using the rempeg'ed m2v of "die hard with a vengeance" and remuxed again (will all SIX streams -- 3 audio and 3 subtitle streams, just to make sure), then again (but this time only with one video, one audio, and one subtitle stream) and still had "hickups."

i also borrowed "die hard 2" from a friend. let's see if i also get freezes as well.

i'll keep you folks posted.

DA

Antonio S.
10th October 2002, 14:34
DirtyAbdul:

Last night I Re-Mux a movie with an m2v file transcode using ReMpeg with excellent results. So my conclusions are that probllems when Re-muxing with files made with TMPGEnc cause trouble because they are not correctly encoded if you use the text file created with Ifoedit 0.94. If you carefully check the GOP structure (tmpg.Text) created with Ifoedit versus the GOP structure created with ReMpeg you will notice that they are not equal...

Antonio S.

lwdarling
10th October 2002, 14:51
All,
I've used 0.94 pre 4.2 on several "difficult" movies, that I rempeg'd.. Still no problems. Is anyone having the problems that DA reports???

DirtyAbdul
11th October 2002, 08:51
alright, here are some disturbing updates:

#1: i've been working with "die hard 2" this time (what's the matter with this "die hard" crap? :D ) and used 0.94 pre42 to remux the m2v stream: freezing also here -- more than just a "hickup!"

#2: accidentally, i watched "die hard with a vengeance" for a longer period of time from my burned DVD and DID notice that version 0.6 DOES have hickups, although very, very rarely :eek: !!! you can watch the movie for 10 minutes and nothing happens, but then suddenly you see ONE jerking motion, and this jerking is reproduceable on the computer (playback from hdd) and on the dvd-player (from dvd-r) at the same time stamp... hmmm :confused: . but as i said, this rarely happens. mamma mia!

remuxing, burning, testing... all that took darn so much time -- not to mention that my pioneer DVR-A04 produces one coaster after another although i'm using ritek g03 media -- BUT my sony dvd-player (dvp-ns715p) reads those coasters fine :confused: . i know this subject has been (or is still) discussed in a different thread, so i will just stop here. i will do some more remuxing at a later time, but now i need a freakin' break. right now, i can't even keep track anymore of which vts_xx_yy.vob file belongs to which ifoedit version after so many times of remuxing (which took around 20 minutes each time) :( october 14 is just a few days ahead anyway, and i'll take it from there.

from me a big thanx to all of you who gave me some feedback!

hasta la vista -- and out!

DA

mck3nzi3
11th October 2002, 09:33
A curiosity Derrow...can I with IFOEdit 0.934 remux a divx avi and wav file ? Or I converte it first in mpg and after I can remux it with wav audio file ?

-3 day to new IFOEdit :D

lwdarling
11th October 2002, 13:50
To help Derrow (and ourselves) we need to be precise while testing IFOedit. It is true that remuxing a DVD is not an eay task, and a lot can go wrong. We are pioneers at all of this!

My experience has shown that a lot of factors can introduce pauses in the video playback of a DVD-+R(W).

I think that in many cases we are blaming IFOedit when the problem lies elsewhere. When using Rempeg2;

Examples;

1. Media. When I've had a media problem, I've verified it by playing back on another DVD or DVR-ROM, burned a different brand of media, or played back from the PC's hard drive.

2. Rempeg2. If you have a multi-angle or seamless branching title, and you do not strip to one angle you will have a mess after running Rempeg2.

3. Rempeg2. A change from progressive to interlaced from the start will cause problems. (Strip out all except the movie, or select progressive only)

I will be testing several movies today that I have rempeg'd, and I'll let you know.

Except for a small stripping bug in pre 4.2 (When the movie dosn't start at Vob ID1) I am VERY happy with 0.94.

My guess is that Derrow's October 14 date was just a wild guess. Software development isn't that exact. Let's help him as much as we can, and don't be too disapointed if we aren't holding a release version of 0.94 on October 14....

Mancubas
14th October 2002, 19:24
Hi All

It is October 14th, anybody got a hold of 0.94 yet?

Or has it gone back again, as with all software development?

This is not a dig at anybody before somebody spits there dummy out, just curious?

THX.

:D :D

lwdarling
14th October 2002, 22:14
IFOedit 0.94 has been released. It's up on Derrow's site!

http://mpucoder.kewlhair.com/Derrow/index.html