PDA

View Full Version : Subrip Pal issues

GlenC
28th September 2002, 17:19
Hi,

Is there a workaround for subrip ripping pal titles to 720x480. I noticed in another thread zuggy stating ->1.07. wtf does that mean.

Does that mean that subrip 1.07 will fix this. Is it available? Will we ever get a release that doesn't contain bugs?

Glen.

oddyseus
28th September 2002, 19:27
u dont have to come this hard on people. Subrip was written out of 'love' for this hobby. It sure contains some bugs, nothing is perfect. Either u can live with them or not.

U can use the previous version that does not mistake PAL for NTSC, or even better u can send some PAL DVDs to the author to experiment with. I am sure he can appreciate your offer.

GlenC
29th September 2002, 09:03
I do appreciate the work that the author does, I am a software developer myself.

I have no qualms in sending the author a pal dvd if he doesn't have any, although I'm sure he must have some to work on such a program.

Maybe I was a little over the top, but I would never release any software without testing it thoroughly. This has obviously not been tested as far as I can see.

It's getting to the stage with subrip now that I'm looking into writing my own scenarist/maestro subtitle ripper, just so that I know it will do the job properly. However, getting information of ifo / vob file formats is like searching for a needle in a haystack.

Glen.