PDA

View Full Version : Ogg subtitle 1.3.00 works for AMD K6-2/Win98

David caid
27th September 2002, 08:09
Hello,

First of all, I'd like to thanks Tobias for his great job for the directshow filter for ogg file.

I also want to thanks him for his new release of the subtitle filter (1.3.00). This is now working on my PC. As I have a beautifull AMD K6-2 400 MHz and WIN98SE ;-) and I have often see problems related to this configuration (OGGDS0-983, for example, Koepi Xvid binaries compiled after june 02...) and the subtitle filtre 1.1.22.
I don't know if it was related hard or software but for I add problems with subtitles, I summarized them below :
Subtitle 1.1.22
Film with subtitle : SUBTITDS.AX error (then player crashes).
without subtitle : the subtilte filter properties was blanck (no choice for police)

subtitle 1.3.00
film with subtitle : it works perfectly and can change police caracters...

And fortunes never come singly ;^) the subtitle filter works with Vobsub (version 2.11 at least).

So please, Tobias, if it is related to code, that's great, if it is related to compilation, please, keep those options.
Therefore, it would be great to mention on your site that it is definitely working for WIN98 and/or AMD K6-2.

By the way, if Koepi is reading this, you should mention on your site that your Xvid binaries are not compatible with K6-2, P II... - also thanks to your work on Xvid development and ogg projects.

Congratulations,
David