PDA

View Full Version : DV to DVD which prog. exactly?

Thwiipp
26th September 2002, 17:09
Hello, im going to be encoding this DV file ive been editing with Vegas Video 3, im going to be encoded it to MPEG2 for DVD, and was wondering if i should use Vegas Video's encoder or go to TMPGENC Plus' encoder, which is better, my concernis quality not speed, any help would greatly appreciated, thanks.

bb
27th September 2002, 07:27
Use TMPGEnc for better quality.

bb

Bodman
14th October 2002, 23:16
OK my personal choice here is as follows

capture and edit then export to AVI using Premier
extract audio (WAV) using virtual dub
convert wav to MP2 using 2lame
convert avi video to mpeg2 using CCE encoder
build menus and submenus in photoshop

author video,audio and menus in Maestro

Burn with Prassi

if you need more in depth help drop me a line

//Bodman

theReal
23rd October 2002, 11:05
I can also recommend 2lame for audio and CCE for video encoding. You'll get the best quality with this combination, I think.

bb
23rd October 2002, 11:13
Well, as I understood it, the question was either Vegas Video or TMPGEnc Plus. Of course there are more options, e.g. more and more MPEG-2 freaks swear on the new Canopus Procoder using the mastering quality setting (which is very slow).

@theReal:
The MP2 encoder is spelled "tooLame" - just in case someone needs to search for it.

@All:
In case anybody needs to convert the sampling rate, e.g. to 44.1 kHz, SSRC is the tool of choice. Both SSRC and tooLame, can be used directly from TMPGEnc as external encoding tools (see Environmental settings).

bb

theReal
23rd October 2002, 11:48
I've only used both programs once for a single SVCD project (but I really worked hard on it because the result had to be near perfect)
I could achieve much better results with CCE 2.5 than with TMPEG, maybe because CCE doesn't offer millions of settings to mess up like TMPEG ;)

btw. BeSweetGUI is also a nice all-in-one solution for SSRI and tooLame (and much more)