PDA

View Full Version : Get shaky subtitles on player using subrip->Maestro

Matthew
24th September 2002, 08:08
The subtitles play fine on a computer but are shaky on my standalone (Pioneer 344). Still watchable from a distance.

Subtitles on retail DVDs are shaky but not to the same extent.

It's the same irrespective of font colour.

Any ideas?

BTW it's the bitmap method outlined in TRILIGHT's guide that I'm using.

zuggy
28th September 2002, 13:52
I see same problems have caprioles9000:

i prefer to use maestro ...so i do hope someone can come up with a solution for the lines underneath ....when i view my subs the whole subs get shifted up and down all the time ....its pretty irritating

I just guess what could be the reason for this - maybe Even values only (Height) in Position sheet in BMP Adjustment? Try to change it. It must have something to do with odd y-coordinate or/and odd height.

I think the shaky effect disappears too, when you'll set the subtitle item dimensions to VOB picture size.

Matthew
24th October 2002, 06:24
Well this is a late reply to say the least :p

Thank you for replying. And thank you for your great program.

I've tried what you suggested (in fact all the height options with 1.081), plus a bunch of other things, makes no difference.

Scenarist seems to be a little better in terms of producing less shaky subtitles, but Maestro is still better despite this (so easy to use).

I think it's a flaw in my standalone (accentuated by Maestro's techniques)...unfortunately I don't have access to another DVD player to test this. Guess I could take a disc to a store though =)