PDA

View Full Version : How to determine DVD's main title?

fengtao
21st September 2002, 09:18
Hi,

I want to edit FirstPGC's command map in VIDEO_TS.IFO to add a jump to the main title.

I determine main title's number using this method:

Read VMG_PTT_SRPT in VIDEO_TS.IFO, find the main title which has most chapters.

Do you hnow a better method or my method is enough? Thank you.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Ocrana
21st September 2002, 13:32
..what do you mean with "main title"? You mean the main title means the movie title or do you mean the pgc track which is the movie track?
If you mean the pgc track, then i do it really easy, I read out the aviable pgcs. With this I check the playtime and analyse so which pgc is the longest. This one I select.

Ocrana

fengtao
21st September 2002, 13:38
Hi Ocrana,

Thank you for the comment. I want to know the tile number which is the main title( longest? ), so I can put a "Jump to title number" command in First PGC to watch main title directly.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Ocrana
21st September 2002, 13:52
hello,

ok i didnt know what you special want to do, and why you want to add an Command. If I understand it right, to jump directly to the main movie you can do following:

Check all aviable pgc. Get the longest pgc (playtime). Whith this you have the number. These number is not equal on different DVDs. On some DVDs the main movie is track 1 on some 2 and also I have one there the main movie is track 17.

Hope this will help and this is what you mean.

Ocrana

MEJHarrison
6th January 2005, 22:18
I dug up this old thread today and since it over two years old, I was just wondering if this is still the best way to find the main title. I'm already using code like this (longest running time) to determine the main title for a DVD, but if there was a better way to do so, that would be most helpful.

DarkDudae
1st February 2005, 01:47
I think it is the only way... at least it is what I do.

Greetings