System Specs:
Athlon XP 1500+
MSI KT266A chipset mobo (VIA)
512MB Mushkin basic DDR
Leadtek Geforce 3 Ti200
SB Audigy Platinum
WinXP Pro
(2) IBM 60GXP, RAID 0

First off, this card has been nothing but hassle for a year. Also, just FYI, I've been scouring the doom9 forum for any possible help or insight into this problem. The "search" function has been used quite a lot.

Last week, I tried installing Btwincap over the nominal ATI drivers. I wasn't able to get this to work immediately, but through some combination of uninstalling and reinstalling, I was able to install the btwincap drivers after having used btwincap setup to uninstall any present bt848 drivers. It worked fine for a while, minus the audio inputs on the capture card which did not work (I was working with composite inputs, TV tuner gave me audio), so I captured the audio directly from the sound card. I was even able to capture at 752x480 using MJPEG at q19 in Virtualdub capture mode, which made me ecstatic after having been confined to 320x240 since I bought the damn card. I had run some 1 minute test clip captures just to make sure what I had wasn't a fluke, and was looking forward to capping Band of Brothers tuesday at 9pm on digital cable.

Then, 2 days ago, I go to Virtualdub>Capture AVI, and my system hangs. Doesn't even give me a preview screen, just hangs. After a while of uninstalling and reinstalling ATI and/or Btwincap drivers to no effect, I try Windows 2000 (I have a dual boot system, 2k/XP), which also doesn't work. I reinstalled WinXP, tried again, and at this point, even if I uninstall all bt848 drivers from btwincap setup, and then install the ATI drivers and ATI tv viewer program, my system still hangs in Virtualdub capture, amcap.exe, DScaler, ATI Multimedia center, every app that might try and get a picture from the capture card.

I have tried btwincap switcher, to no effect. I've tried a manual installation of btwincap by modifying the .inf files according to the readme, no effect. I've been trying everything under the sun to try and get this working.

Can someone help please? Thanks for your time.

socketus
12th September 2002, 22:50
you're using ATI progs with a Geforce card?

hmm, have you installed latest ATI drivers?

you DO know that there's an ATI Rage3d forum, over at rage3d.com ?

neo_sapien
13th September 2002, 03:00
Uh...?

My *video* card is a Geforce. My capture card is an ATI TV Wonder.

My ATI drivers are whatever comes with ATI Multimedia Center 7.6 (http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/misc/mmc7-6b-tvwonder.html).

I've been skimming through Rage3d, it seems to concentrate more on All-in-Wonder cards than TV Wonder, haven't found an answer there yet, it also seems like other people are encountering this "infinite loop" problem with the capture board and haven't found a fix.