PDA

View Full Version : seeking latest beta of dvd2svcd

ux-3
10th September 2002, 11:57
Hello,
I have just gotten a Dolby Prologic II Receiver, and would like to see if it was a waste of money. I have just tried to find a source for the beta release of DVD2SVCD which supports it. I looked also in the advanced section and did a search on dvd2svcd beta, but no luck. Where can I get a hold of the latest beta?
thanks for info
ux-3

tiki4
10th September 2002, 12:01
You find it in this thread (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?threadid=28939) .

Scroll down a little bit to find the dvd2svcd.zip attachment.

Regards,

tiki4

hoozdapimp
10th September 2002, 23:26
or you can simply click here :) (http://forum.doom9.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=152522)

ux-3
11th September 2002, 22:52
Thanks for the feedback. This should help others, who do a search too...

ux-3
15th September 2002, 08:38
Ok, I downloaded it. I assume that one needs a more recent version of besweet than is provided in 09 b3? I downloaded the latest besweet version 1.4RC7 and gave it a try. The beta seems pretty unstable, as far as clicking on the tabs is concerned, but I tried to rip a movie. For the first time, I had to use a dvd player to open the movie for rip.
I found a statement by DVD2SVCD how to hack 09b3 to do dpl2, which is all I really want. I assume I have to apply that hack and bring in a fresh besweet to be set for prologic2?

I haven't quite figured out what robo will bring in quality, when I currently do vbr 5 pass. I ended up with a 240 frame movie, when it came to encoding, an error which I had before but which I can't get rid of by resuming somewhere earlier. I'll try to repipe the vobs from scratch...

I'll keep you informed on how it goes...
ux-3

repipe worked fine... What causes these 240 frame movies?

tiki4
15th September 2002, 15:44
Maybe I can mail you the 1.0.9b3 with the Surround2 support? Just wait till tomorrow, as I don't have it here right now. It works pretty well for me and my WinDVD 4 happily gives back multi-channel surround sound.

Regards,

tiki4