PDA

View Full Version : Hyperspace DVD

sharpie00
6th September 2002, 01:17
If anyone has seen this documentary on Discovery (or TLC), you'll know that it's awesome.

I'm trying to convert it to SVCD using DVD2SVCD but am having a problem.

I've done quite a few movies now, and this one has gotten me stumped.

I used Bitrate Viewer to gain all the appropriate information and put it in DVD2SVCD (I'm using CCE).

When I play the movie back on my DVD player, I get these horizontal lines in motion scenes (like it's dragging or something). I don't know if it has anything to do with the extensive amount of CGI graphics the movie has and/or the fast motion sequences.

Does anyone know how to get rid of those lines? or what particular settings I should use?

sharpie00

Jason28
6th September 2002, 02:13
Where did you get this from? Is it on a DVD? Did you record it from your TV to your PC? You should also look into deinterlacing. If the show was on TV and they just matered it to a DVD then most likley its still interlaced. I am pretty sure thats what the lines are.

sharpie00
6th September 2002, 02:45
I think I have it figured out. (The source was a DVD)

I clicked on the Preview image before starting to convert. I selected the Smart Deinterlace option and saw that the lines disappeared!

So I went ahead and encoded that way.

Hope it works :)

Thanks

sharpie00

Jason28
6th September 2002, 02:47
yes if it was on TV then the material will be interlaced. When you play it from a DVD there is no problems. When you try to convert it sometimes CCE will pick up the lines that are not being transmitted. You should be all set whne this is done. BTW did you leave it at the default settings for Smart Deinterlace?

sharpie00
6th September 2002, 03:01
Jason,

I left the default settings for smart deinterlace.

I just selected it under Preview Image, saw that the lines went away, hit OK, and then started the conversion.

Oh, I also have another problem (with an IMAX movie).

It's Cosmic Space, and for some reason the audio starts way too early then the rest of the movie. Know how to fix it?

I haven't adjusted any audio settings because all the rest of my movies play perfectly.

sharpie00

Jason28
7th September 2002, 04:16
I assume that you are using the newest version of D2S? If you arent then make sure that you arent ripping any 0 length chapters. If you are using the newest version then it sounds like you are going to have to manually adjust the audio delay in the advanced bbMpeg tab. If you set the level of D2S under the misc tab you will be able to move the audio around. It is going to be hard to get it exactly right thouhg. Also dont forget that there is already a 180 second delay (I think) so what ever number of secs that you are going to add dont forget to add this number to it too.