PDA

View Full Version : Is this a common problem?

stadd
5th September 2002, 18:37
last few dvd rips , there is pic break up on the end of each individual cdr when played on a stand alone dvd player (pioneer dv350), not had this before . haven't included any logs because it has happened on the last 2/3 rips, anyone had this problem?

UltimateDBZ
5th September 2002, 19:28
You're gonna have to be more specific than 'pic break up'. Also, does the muxed file have this same phenomenon, or is it just when played on your standalone?

stadd
5th September 2002, 19:38
By pic break up, i meant visual glitches , cut outs , green squares replacing what should be film etc, i'm just checking the muxed file now.

Also the burnt svcd freezes whilst playing on the pc at the same place glitches appear on the standalone player

magnanimous
6th September 2002, 00:34
Sounds like you might be burning the cdr at a higher speed than it can handle, try a slower speed.

Jason28
6th September 2002, 02:15
magnanimous is right. You are buring the CD too fast. Either slow down the buring, try a different brand of CD or try a different program to burn the CD.

stadd
6th September 2002, 10:15
i was thinking it might be a burn issue, but the opposite, that is they are 40x discs, and i'm burning at 8x using cdrwin, thought it might be to slow for a 40x disc, as i only have a 16x writer

Boulder
6th September 2002, 10:25
I had the same glitches when I had burned the images with Nero. Nero gave an error at the leadout writing phase but the disc works fine, the only thing is that green "noise" in the last few seconds.

Nowadays I put the image into Daemon Tools virtual CD drive and then do a 1:1 copy with Nero. Works like a charm:)

itimpi
6th September 2002, 15:04
Originally posted by stadd
i was thinking it might be a burn issue, but the opposite, that is they are 40x discs, and i'm burning at 8x using cdrwin, thought it might be to slow for a 40x disc, as i only have a 16x writer

I have found that I get glitches if I record at 8x (despite both the disks and drive being rated at 40x). If I drop to 4x then the glitches all disappear.

chainsaw135
6th September 2002, 15:11
You guys should of invested in a lite-on for $60.00 i'm able to burn my movies at 40x without a hitch. I have a 24x lite-on on the other machine that burns the images at 24x without problems plus cdrwin is junk, your better off loading the images with deamon tools and using nero or something similiar to burn with.

itimpi
6th September 2002, 17:41
Originally posted by chainsaw135
You guys should of invested in a lite-on for $60.00 i'm able to burn my movies at 40x without a hitch. I have a 24x lite-on on the other machine that burns the images at 24x without problems".

My 40 speed drive IS a lite-on - but I have problems at speeds much above 4 speed for VCD/SVCD (I quite happily get 40 speed for data CD's).

chainsaw135
6th September 2002, 17:43
Well that would suck, i guess there is one bad drive out there as for me i go at full speed and push out perfect disks, i guess my high quality ram and other components dont hurt either.

btw what software are you using to burn these cue/bin files?

I use fantom cd to load and burn my files and since switching from nero to fantom i haven't had no problems burning my cue/bin svcd files.

UltimateDBZ
6th September 2002, 21:44
I'd just like to back chainsaw up in that lite-on totally ownz for quality and price, despite that their tech support sux.. but then, you shouldn't need it anyway :)

ux-3
9th September 2002, 19:45
Why use demon tools and then do an Image with Nero? My version of Nero 5.5.8 allows me to burn the image straight from HD.

UltimateDBZ
9th September 2002, 21:51
Mounting an image in Daemon, and then burning using cd copy in Nero greatly reduces your chances of errors in the output CDs. Nearly every cd burning software in existence can burn the image directly from the hard drive, that's not the problem. The goal is to get a flawless burn, and this is the best method devised so far.

smiller667
9th September 2002, 22:58
As the errors only occur towards the end of your discs, imho this is not a burning speed issue, but rather an overburning issue with the cd-rs you are currently using. dvd2svcd often produces bins which will force you to slightly overburn, and as not all cd-rs are created equal, they will offer you more or less of an overburn margin. Either try another brand of CD-Rs or try reducing the CD size in the bitrate tab of dvd2svcd by 5 or 10 megs.

NB: I'd say that cdrwin up to ver. 4.x is a rather excellent program ... however their name was bought (?) and now some rather dubious p.o.s. software is sold as "CDRWin 5.0".