PDA

View Full Version : Command line demultiplexer?

Blackbat
2nd September 2002, 13:08
I have a largish number of VCD files which I wish to demultiplex. I can go into TMPG and demultiplex them one at a time (~10 minutes per file on my system) but I'd like to set a batch job up to automate the process. Is there a command line demultiplexer out there or a batch mode in any application which has a demultiplexer tool (TMPG doesn't do this)?

TIA,

Justin

mb1
2nd September 2002, 16:44
http://members.cox.net/beyeler/bbmpeg.html

bbTools 1.9 has a command line demultiplexer :)

Blackbat
2nd September 2002, 18:09
Not very simple to use though, is it? Ideally I'd like to be able to issue a command along the lines of "demux file.mpg" and get file.m2v and file.mpa as outputs without specifying any other arguments.

mb1
2nd September 2002, 19:17
Don't complain, feel happy instead that a freeware prog exists that does what you are looking for.

Syntax shouldn't be a problem. Mpgs can also consist of m1v, ac3 ...

The source is also available, so rewrite it for your "demux file.mpg" simplicity ;)

Blackbat
2nd September 2002, 19:49
Originally posted by mb1
Don't complain, feel happy instead that a freeware prog exists that does what you are looking for.

Syntax shouldn't be a problem. Mpgs can also consist of m1v, ac3 ...

The source is also available, so rewrite it for your "demux file.mpg" simplicity ;)

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't complaining at all - but the fact is that bbdmux does more than I need. As far as I can tell from the documentation I would have to analyse each file to see what streams were contained within and then run bbdmux with the right arguements - which presumably would vary between different mpg files. If I could always give it the same set of arguments (apart from filename of course) then it would fit the bill. Perhaps I shoould take a closer look at it...

auenf
3rd September 2002, 11:12
well, if they are all VCD files, they should contain the same streams (m1v + m1a)

Enf...