PDA

View Full Version : Using I-Author

simme
22nd August 2002, 20:53
I want to rip the 5.1 sound and have installed I-Author in the DVD2SVCD directory. Do I have to do anything with this program first or will DVD2SVCD do it automatically? I have chosen 5.1MPEG, 225 kps and made sure the path to the 5.1 decoder and I-Author are correct in DVD2SVCD. Is there anything else I need to do?

Kal

hitch
22nd August 2002, 23:30
No.

But make sure yo're using I-Author to create images and if you want to convert the resulting .cif to .bin so you can burn, get and install CD Mage.

Oh and let me know if the conversion with CD Mage works for you...I've been having some trouble with that part.:(

Good luck

Sofliberty
25th August 2002, 18:16
@simme

If I were U i'd increase Audio Br to 384.
Done some encodig W/lower Br's but recived less than perfect sound..

BTW I use VCDXBuild amd it works for me W/ 5.1 audio.

simme
26th August 2002, 08:21
Okay, now I am confused. I thought that you had to use I-Author to get the 5.1 sound? In the DVD2SVCD 1.0.9 build 3 Advanced Reference it says "must use I-Author to mux video and audio". If that is not the case, what are the advantages/disadvantages of I-Author compared to VCDXBuild?

Kal

Sofliberty
26th August 2002, 19:35
I don't know.
Done it with I-Author and VCDXBuild (around 15 rips done W/ VCDXBuild), and both worked for me.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28073

hitch
26th August 2002, 20:41
@simme

I'm sorry if I confused you. I was wrong. You have to use I-Author to mux the mpeg video and audio into an SVCD compliant .mpg (.ps) stream in order to get 5.1 sound to work properly. This is exactly what DVD2SVCD advanced referecne states.

The image authoring (next step after muxing) however can be done using VCDXbuild instead of I-author, thus avoiding the whole .CIF conversion and burning issue.

Again, I apologize if I confused you in any way.

simme
26th August 2002, 21:55
Originally posted by hitch
@simme

I'm sorry if I confused you. I was wrong. You have to use I-Author to mux the mpeg video and audio into an SVCD compliant .mpg (.ps) stream in order to get 5.1 sound to work properly. This is exactly what DVD2SVCD advanced referecne states.

The image authoring (next step after muxing) however can be done using VCDXbuild instead of I-author, thus avoiding the whole .CIF conversion and burning issue.

Again, I apologize if I confused you in any way.

That's fine, I have given up anyway. I have ripped using VCDXBuild and the audio setting stereo or 5.1 and the video is fine. No actually 5.1 sound in the latter case, but sound nonetheless. Using I-Author and 5.1 audio, I get no sound at all but on the other hand I did have problems using I-Author. I will try one more thing tomorrow and if that does not work, I give up.

Kal