PDA

View Full Version : multiple PGC's in Maestro

klorenz
21st August 2002, 20:32
I am encoding each PGC in Harry Potter through CCE and now have 4 different .m2v files. I know there is a guide on this site on how to author them using scenarist, but how would i go about doing this in Maestro? I am trying to preserve the original DVD structure so that my copy plays exactly the same as the original. Someone please help! These WB movies are killing me!

nytr0x
22nd August 2002, 14:11
Its been reported in many threads that its too difficult/impossible to create multi PGCs within maestro but with Harry Potter I think I'm almost there. I only want the movie & menus in particular the scene selection, not bothered about the trailers.

I too have extracted and encoded each PGC (5 for PAL Region 2), PGC1 has movie, PGC2 the WB Logo, PGC3 Trailer, PGC4 nothing, PGC5 Trailer

Create .chp file from PGC1 using ChapterXtractor
Import PGC1 and PGC2 into maestro
add PGC1 video & audio to the timeline
import chapters (34 + start = 35)
append PGC2 to the timeline no audio (maybe works from 2nd audio track????? not too bothered though)
create a new chapter at the start of PGC2 (Chapter 36)
create a playlist (button bottom right of movie window)
add Chapter 36 to the playlist
compile to hard disk
backup video_ts.* and vts_01_0.ifo,.vob
copy original video_ts.* and vts_01_0.ifo,.vob to new HP movie
run ifoupdate to copy chapters between old and new & Get VTS Sectors
Preview in PC player and it plays correctly with accurate scene selection.

I'm currently buring to DVD-RW and will test it in my Standalone later

When using playlists maestro always creates the first PGC with all the chapters so this method will only work if the movie is in the first PGC and it appends an additional chapter that has the WB logo at the end of the movie.

Fingers crossed that it'll work in a standalone!

auenf
22nd August 2002, 15:41
in DVDMaestro, creating PGC's involves playlists, but it will create a PGC for the whole VTS anyway, and i havent seen a way to stop that yet.

Enf...

nytr0x
23rd August 2002, 07:33
Harry Potter works fine in my standalone (Pioneer 444). Yes the first PGC contains the whole VTS, but it works.