PDA

View Full Version : big quality loose when converting from divx to vcd

boazg
8th August 2002, 10:09
i cant seem to solve this problem , because i cant find the best way to convert movies from divX to vcd and view the in my dvd player.
i tried 3 times to convert them to svcd but when trying to view the created mpeg file after convertion to svcd there was something wrong , and windows media player couldnt read it. also my dvd player wrote : disc error. i did the step-by-step converting instructions and also from vcdhelp.com////////// nothing.
please help me ... i dont want to see this movies on the computer screen....... thanx

dar1us
21st August 2002, 23:57
Use TMPG to create a MPEG-1 file at 1150 kbps and at 352x288 (PAL) or 352x240 (NTSC). You can bend bitrate rules on some DVD players (my pioneer for one:) but 2 make sure, do this. Then use like VCDGEAR 2 make a cue/bin, burn it. Bob's your uncle. VCD heaven. Use DVD2SVCD if u want SVCDs

enjoy

BeNBeN
27th August 2002, 13:54
Hi,

Loosing quality in converting divx to vcd is normal. divx is on the edge of the seeable but still is because of human eye's lack of precision .Getting a little lower (re-encode to mpg1 for example)is way risky and bound to deception and really low quality.
Plus the time spent doing such operations is too long. I strongly suggest u buy a tv-out able device and enjoy the s-video.

SEEYA
BeN