PDA

View Full Version : Flask won't use all VOBs problem

joecord
5th August 2002, 23:43
I have encountered this issue before and found a post on a similar topic in this forum. I struggled with this for awhile and am posting an account of the problem in hopes that someone has worked it out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Problem: Flask doesn't recognize the last one or two VOB's from a ripped DVD. The main movie of the DVD I am having problems with has 8 VOB's and Flask only sees the first 6.

I am using FLask 0.6 preview 1.1 and DVD Decrypter 3.0.

DVD Decrypter rips all 8 VOBs. I tried Flasking the 7th VOB (the 8th just has credits) with the intention of joining it to the AVI produced with the first 6. Flask crashed at 7% when encoding the 7th VOB. I restarted a few times with no luck. I even tried Gordian Knot and it would only see the first 6 VOBs as well.

I am going to try to get a hold of another DVD of the movie to see if it is a problem with the disc itself. The movie is the special edition of the Abyss.

I encountered this issue once before with a different movie.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dani82
6th August 2002, 09:52
i never had a problem encoding 8 vobs before, but the only time flask has ever crash on me was when i was encoding the HK version of Escaflowne, the only reason why it crash wasn't flask fault or the vobs but the ifo file used to encode the movie.

So try encoding the section were it crashes without the using the ifo file. (if your not using the ifo file, oh well)

joecord
8th August 2002, 13:37
I already tried that. I loaded the VOB directly into FLASK. I am going to try getting ahold of another DVD and see if the problem is just with the disc itself.