PDA

View Full Version : change stream id of audio/subtitle

4th August 2002, 23:52
Hi!

I want to make a backup of the DVD "Red Heat" with IFOEdit. Just the main movie, german and english language/subtitles.
German the first language and english the second. Exactly the same procedure with the subtitles, german the first, english
the second. The problem is the following. On the DVD, german is the second stream and english is the first stream
(audio and subtitles).

So i tried to change the stream id with smartripper. I mapped the language (german from 0x81 to 0x80,
english from 0x80 to 0x81) and the subtitles id (german 0x21 --> 0x20, english 0x20 --> 0x21).

With the result that there was no german subtitle stream in the vob files after ripping. i had the possibility to switch
between subtitle 1 and 2 but subtitle 1 was the english one and in subtitle 2 was no text (but there must be the russian
translation in the movie).

What was going wrong? Is it not possible to change the subtitle stream id's with smartripper? Is there another possibility?
Maybe with IFOEdit? If i don't change the stream id's, so that english is the first and german the second one, or when i just
use the german language and subtitles ( no english ), everythings works fine.
The problem only appears when i try to change the stream id?

If this is a stupid question, please excuse me because i am a newbie to IFOEdit and i read several manuals about this tool
( doom9, vcdhelp, derrow ), but i didn't find an answer.

Thanks for your help.

P.S.: Excuse my english, i now that it is improvable, but i hope it is good enough that you can understand my problem.

Derrow
5th August 2002, 11:32
Best method for changing the stream-IDs is 'vstrip'.

If you simply exchange stream 0x80 and 0x81, later then you simply need to exchange the language type in the IFO file with IfoEdit.
Done.

5th August 2002, 12:39
Audio part is not the main problem. I don't no how to change stream id of the subtitles. I think Smartripper doesn't work correct at this point. I will have a look at vstrip.
Thanks for the answer and for a great tool.

5th August 2002, 14:10
Hi!

I tried it with vstrip, but it is not possible or i am not able to change the id of the subtitle stream.
In vstrip i marked under ("3 Output") the english subtitle stream (0x20, 0x21, 0x22) and under "Remap to" i selected 0x23, 0x24, 0x25.
For the german subtitle (0x23, 0x24, 0x25) i selected "Remap to" (0x20, 0x21, 0x22). Now the german subtitle should be the first, the english the 2nd.
After that i started the process with run, opened the VIDEO_TS.ifo in IfoEdit, changed the names of the streams (Deutsch <--> English), started VOB EXtra and after that i opened the new ifo-files with PowerDVD (Open DVD File on Hard Disk Drive).
The result was that the first subtitle stream was english, the 2nd german. I thought i made mistake in vstrip, but i made it one time more. No success.

Isn't anybody out here who has changed the stream id of the subtitle streams and is able to explain it to me?

Thanks.

Derrow
5th August 2002, 14:23
When you edit it with IfoEdit, you must change it in VIDEO_TS.IFO and in the corresponding VTS_xx_0.IFO !
Then save the edited IFO file. You don't need VOB Extras.

Streetcleaner
6th August 2002, 10:28
Hm i have heared about the german red heat edition which is making some trouble. I own this dvd and will check it out.
But i think the german translation will only start when there will be spoken russian, or am i in doubt? Usually when your DVD Player is set to German the subtitle will appear without you have to choose them. I think its in the users pro`s. I do not think that you have to remap the streams or somtehing like it. I cannot imagine that that has something to do with the ripper. Try it use DVD Decryptor Image mode make a iso of the dvd and unpack with isobuster.... then you will have exact the dvd, a lot of work but so you can be sure.

6th August 2002, 17:43
>>But i think the german translation will only start when there will be spoken russian, or am i in doubt?

You are right.

>>Usually when your DVD Player is set to German the subtitle will appear without you have to choose them. I think its in the users pro`s.

That is also right.

Now i don't change the stream id of the subtitle (the audio works perfect with changing the id). But it is miracle for me why it doesn't work when changing the subtitle id.

But thanks for your answers.

P.S.: I also own the original DVD of Red Heat. I just want to make a backup.