PDA

View Full Version : DV to DVD via CCE 2.50 help!

ac3
2nd August 2002, 14:00
I have captured DV from miniDV camcorder via firewire using Studio 7. The captured DV is in avi file. I noticed that the movie pictures are interlaced.

I am planing to encode the captured avi to DVD compliant mpeg-2, not SVCD. Has anyone tried this and can write a few simple steps and setting? I Should I de-interlace any how? Thanks.

vortexer
7th August 2002, 11:56
I use premiere 6.0 and the cinemacraft 2.64SP plugin (2.50SP works too). in premiere you can now export the movie.

choose cinemacraft encoder and enable the following:
dvd compilant
upper field first
progressive frames
add sart sequence

the interesting thing is: the DV source is (mostly) lower field first and NOT progressive. but if I do NOT enable these buttons, the result looks very very bad! and I tried an upper field movie: there I have to disable the upper field button in CCE... strange, isn't it?

however, it works for me :)

orbit-r
8th August 2002, 10:36
hi,theres a problem with the fieldorder in cce,try the tool fitcd with it is possible to change the fieldorder without reencoding..

gruss
orbit-r

Bodman
14th August 2002, 16:07
This is the way i do it. If you need more detailed steps let me know

compile the captured AVI in Premier so I get the finished look of the movie and export timeline to AVI (make sure you have dv codec installed)

rip out audio to wav using virtual dub

convert wav to MP2 using 2lame

convert avi to MPEG2 using CCE

then using Maestro multiplex and author.

export to vobs from Maestro

hope this helps....I dont know if Im doing this the best way(probably not) but it works and I get good looking dvd's

//Bodman

orbit-r
14th August 2002, 16:15
hi,theres a problem with the fieldorder in cce,try the tool fitcd with it is by me:devil:

surley i ment the tool restream...

sorry
orbit-r