PDA

View Full Version : foreign language subs

sojulover
1st August 2002, 05:17
Does anybody know a sub program that will except asian font type. I recognize them.

Also a thought, since ripping subs creates bmp files. Can i edit the bmp file to the asian font type i want and then do the subtitle creation?

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.

Abond
1st August 2002, 14:17
Hello, sojulover,
You give too less information, but I'll try to answer your questions.

Does anybody know a sub program that will except asian font type.
I don't know such a program (I assume you mean program to rip subtitles), as sub programs don't accept "fonts", they accept "subtitles" w/o regard to the fonts ;)
Also a thought, since ripping subs creates bmp files.
The ripping programs create text files too, not only bmp files.
Can i edit the bmp file to the asian font type i want and then do the subtitle creation?
I think, yes you can, but it is a hell of work.

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.

The way to go is to rip the subtitles as text file. Open the text file in some text editing program (Notepad, Wordpad). Translate the subtitles row by row - I assume you can do this and can type the asian font from the keyboard. Save the file. What to do then I don't know, because I don't know what you want to do with these subtitles, and which type of movie file you have. For DivX avi you can display the subtitles using DVobSub.
And the last, you can search
here (http://dvd.box.sk/indexN.php3?pid=subtitles&prj=subt) for already translated subtitles.
Hope this will help.

sojulover
2nd August 2002, 05:30
Thanks for some info. I live in the states and can only rip english subs. I want to be able to add or change these subs to an asian language. Or to create one from scratch. But the programs that I have tried do not accept asian fonts.

This way i can make permanent asian subs into the video I want.

Thanks for any assistance.