PDA

View Full Version : Broken Mpeg2Dec??

tbone_uk
27th July 2002, 22:23
I have been writing a delphi app that produces an automatic menu for svcd from an mpeg video file.This program allows different backgrounds fonts colours etc, makes the appropiate chapter info (in xml) and burns the complete bin file to disc.

This has been working wonderfully during the development and after deciding to make some cg intro and change disc mpg's (using various 3d packages) I have found I can no longer load an mpeg file into my program or the vidframe delphi program by aquaplaning (from which the playback and capture sources origanate). The avi files load up ok as do the mpeg in dvd2avi, power DVD etc.

The error I get is :-

External Exception E06D7363

Maybe someone has had this error (i suspect this has happened after one of the 3d programs changed the MFC42.DLL or maybe another DLL).

I have tried installing a new MFC42.DLL and various MPEG2DEC.DLL but the problem persists..

Any body got any surgestions

tbone_uk
1st August 2002, 04:26
After updating various dll's (Msvcrt.dll, Msvcirt.dll, Mfc40.dll, Mfc42.dll) I discovered that when running the Direct X Diagnostic program DxDiag.exe I got the same error when pressing MSInfo, Troubleshoot etc on the last page. This gave the following error:-

Msvcp60.dll cannot link to Msvcrt.dll

After searching on the web I discovered that Visual C++ 6 updated this problem in SP3 onwards, If anyone has this distribution file (without the 129Mb Download) or knows of a possible solution please let me know.

I have even tried running a working copy of my program on a clean install of win98 but with now success. I will post again if more info is established or (hopefully !! I cure this problem)

tbone_uk
1st August 2002, 19:34
installed the latest vc++ sp 5, I have not got the error in the dirctx diag program now but my program and (vidframe source code) still crash with the same error!!

so here we are := clean install of win98, ms directx sdk, clean install of delphi,vc6++ and C Builder 5. Power DVD installed (so the mpg file plays in media player), avisynth installed (just for the hell of it!)

Currently looking to recode in VC6 using MCI

Any ideas??:confused:

tbone_uk
3rd August 2002, 03:34
Well things havn't got any better, so I recoded the project using a cli version of DVD2AVI to produce the d2v file from the Mpeg input and used the d2v frame serving way of capturing pictures instead of using mpeg directly.
This works and has allowed me to sort out some minor bugs and updates (like implementing an ini file to store initial directory, profiles for the various backdrops, fonts and colours for favorite menus etc).
I would still like to be able to solve the problems with accessing the mpeg file directly allthough I have found that delphi media player will not accept AVS files so it has been a learning experience!!).
If anybody has any ideas of how to get the mpeg files displayed directly (maybe aquaplaning can help -- hint .. hint ;) I would be gratefull)