PDA

View Full Version : RMEDITOR (RV9 editor) Modification

Dark-Cracker
27th July 2002, 09:17
Hi,

if some people use the realproducer 9 they know rmeditor , it's a tool for split and join the .rmvb file. but this tool have a big problem, it use the c:\windows\temp directory to create the tempory file, before the join and before the split.A lot of people don't have enought space in the c:\ drive to split a .rmvb file over 800 MB .

i have found the Producer SDK v8.5 (the rmeditor it the same since the v8.5 until v9.0) with the .cpp source of the rmeditor.

http://distance.eecs.kumamoto-u.ac.jp/main/technology/smil/SDK/Real_Producer_SDK_v85/samples/RMEDITOR/

can an c/c++ developper can give a shot to the souce code to know if it possible to add a new command line parameter (-t <tempory folder>)

this will be great to use a new parameter "-t" to specifie the tempory directory.

if someone it interested , or have 5 min to make this modification this will be very very very great :) :) :)

thank u.

bye.

DaveEL
27th July 2002, 20:35
Originally posted by Dark-Cracker
Hi,

if some people use the realproducer 9 they know rmeditor , it's a tool for split and join the .rmvb file. but this tool have a big problem, it use the c:\windows\temp directory to create the tempory file, before the join and before the split.A lot of people don't have enought space in the c:\ drive to split a .rmvb file over 800 MB .

bye.

Just a thought have you tried setting the TEMP/TMP enviroment variables ifs it a well behaved program it will use whatever directory you set up with those (iirc windows\temp is the default on the old ms toy OSes)

DaveEL

Dark-Cracker
27th July 2002, 23:55
hi,

yes i have already testing by changing the registrykey but u need to logout and login again to can use the new settings :( it's not a very easy way.

but it seems there is not a developper who have tested to change the source ? and i think i will must use this tips.

DaveEL
28th July 2002, 13:38
Originally posted by Dark-Cracker
hi,

yes i have already testing by changing the registrykey but u need to logout and login again to can use the new settings :( it's not a very easy way.

No the registry is where the setting is stored you can modify the enviroment variable in memory and then run the program and it will work.

DaveEL

Dark-Cracker
29th July 2002, 02:15
hi,

i use WinXP pro and i need logout,login for the change on the key :

curent_user\environment\
TMP=%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp

was change i have make a lot of tests and i am sure, but perhaps with win98 or win2k u don't need to logout, login, perhaps someone know how to reload the registry settings without logout ?

(kill the task explorer.exe will sometimes crash the computer)

DaveEL
29th July 2002, 08:38
just write out a batch file which runs

SET TMP=whatever
runprogram.exe

and run that

Dave

Dark-Cracker
29th July 2002, 09:36
hi,

thank u very much :) :) :) i was very happy all work nice with this :) , only the rmeditor will store his tempory file in the specified directory. thank u very much.

bye.