PDA

View Full Version : How can I re-interlace a 50 fps movie ?

djidjo
23rd July 2002, 12:41
Yes... You read it right... Everybody wants to deinterlace movies, and I'm the only stupid one who wants to interlace it ! Let me explain :

I am making a video clip with Vegas Video 3 for a music I made. My sources are 25fps interlaced 768x576 MJPEGs. I want then to produce the clip both in DivX and SVCD formats.

The problem I had with other clips I made is that, when I change the velocity of some video piece, or even worse, when I use stills out of the interlaced video, the final interlaced lines don't mean real interlaced video anymore, see what I mean ? So DivX result after basic deinterlacing is ok, but the result on a TV-Screen is awful.

The solution I see : convert all my 25 fps 768x576 MJPEGs to 50 fps 768x288 (the "true deinterlacing" method, the one and only !), then make the clip using these new files, and encode the clip to a final 50 fps AVI (MJPEG or DivX).

So the DivX output will be perfect but... I'd like then to reinterlace my clip to 25 fps for SVCD output on a TV screen. How can I achieve this ? With AVISynth ? VirtualDub ? TMPGEnc ? I have no idea...

Thanks for any help ! Or if you have another solution than converting the MJPEGS to 50 fps, please tell me, too !

Djidjo

bb
23rd July 2002, 12:59
I think you could use AviSynth's Weave command...

bb

sh0dan
24th July 2002, 15:40
Made this simple script i made for interlacing a 50 fps 3D-render.

verticalreduceby2()
AssumeFieldBased()
vid2=selecteven()
vid1=addborders(selectodd(),0,1,0,0)
Interleave(vid2,vid1.cropbottom(1))
weave()
Letterbox(1,0)

This should align the field correctly.

djidjo
25th July 2002, 15:54
Hey, thanks sh0dan ! I'll try this script when I get back home.

Djidjo

sh0dan
25th July 2002, 16:11
Originally posted by djidjo
Hey, thanks sh0dan ! I'll try this script when I get back home.
Djidjo

One thing, you probably shouldn't use verticalreduceby2(), since your source is already at half height.