PDA

View Full Version : 30fps_interlaced to 24fps_progressive

Bach
21st July 2002, 20:17

trbarry
21st July 2002, 23:40
Bach -

On the first example I'm not sure that TomsMoComp helps much as you would already have progressive frames. You might just omit it.

On the second one you would probably get more pleasing results putting the TomsMoComp before the resize. And of course you would go faster by resizing only once.

- Tom

trbarry
22nd July 2002, 06:27
Bach -

Okay, I suppose you are correct that the sequence

bob().convertfps(47.952,zone=80).separatefields().selectevery(4,0,3).weave()

will first deinterlace and then reinterlace the clip. I hadn't seen this before and can't say whether it would be smooth, reduce blends, or deinterlace well with TomsMoComp.

Generally, the more you muck with a clip before deinterlacing, the more you may hide info needed to deinterlace properly. You can usually get away with cropping but resizing, blending, even frame dropping, can confuse things.

My usual call for video source is to deinterlace first, even if that means working on a larger clip (though you can crop) then play whatever games are needed for frame rate conversion using progressive frames only.

If you absolutely have to, you can even horizontal resize first with some safety but vertical resize will blend fields such that most deinterlace functions won't work right. But even horizontal resizing obscures some info.

But I don't do a lot of frame rate conversion except for IVTC type operations. So you are on your own there.

- Tom

tuco
23rd July 2002, 17:03
Does this actually work for interlace captures from tv? I would like to make my captures progressive so that I can view it on my computer but still have it compatible with my dvd player. Is this better than having 29.97 progressive?

FFiXx
24th July 2002, 23:10
Where can i get this filter?

manono
25th July 2002, 02:53
TomsMoComp (http://www.trbarry.com/TomsMoComp.zip)

theReal
27th July 2002, 03:10
I don't know about tv captures, but for DVD rips it works fine (at least, for me).Am I right that you know you can ivtc a lot of 29.97fps DVDs, and you're doing this conversion only on those DVD's that you can't ivtc (video-taped stuff, for example)?