PDA

View Full Version : Getting Ogg Chapters with Delphi

Demone
21st July 2002, 13:07
I left vb and start using Delphi and Its another story !!!, still dunno why in debug when esecuting (with F8) the line:

FilterGraph.RenderFile(OpenDialog.FileName);

the application closes and delphi returns to design mode...
I tried to look at every step with F7, and it appears to be an access violation in DSPack (I use 2.0 beta3 but it happens with 1.05 rc1 too) at the line:

Result:= DefWindowProc(FHandle, Msg, wParam, lParam);

in Procedure TFiltergraph.WndProc(var Msg: TMessage);

The strange thing is that if I compile the project it works !

BTW it was not the subject :p

Has anyone some code or can tell me how to get chapters information from an Ogm file ?

THX

ps: If anyone can help me with the debugger problem please answer too :)

ciler
22nd July 2002, 08:54
It seems that you have activated some security option for debugging, that cause your program to crash. Yet, it works when compiling... actually, it don't ! it's just that windows is handling the error for you.

BTW, for getting ogg chapters, I think that BlackSun has made something about that. I'll tell him to come here asap.

Demone
22nd July 2002, 09:31
Thank you for your help Ciler, hope BlackSun will help...
About the debugger, I'm using Delphi Enterprise, but I didnt change anything, just installed, installed libraries (probably I did a mess here cause I didnt understand how to install them properly, I just improvised :) ). I tried it under 2000 and Xp, but I got the same problem...bah.

bTw Thanks

ciler
22nd July 2002, 14:44
Originally posted by Demone
Thank you for your help Ciler, hope BlackSun will help...
About the debugger, I'm using Delphi Enterprise, but I didnt change anything, just installed,

Yep, that's the original setting that messes... But..hum... I think it's better to have errors at test time that are handled at run-time :o

Demone
22nd July 2002, 15:08
Ehh no.
Cause I need to debug the filtergraph, so first I need to open some media file, the problem is that the istruction that crashes the debug is that :p

BlackSun
24th July 2002, 11:33
Hey, you'll have to use an COM interface over the Ogg Splitter, check the faq at http://tobias.everwicked.com

also www.progdigy.com is your friend :)

Demone
26th July 2002, 10:14
Hey BlackSun, u probably r debugging with delphi your player, have u read my problem opening a file with the filtergraph interface ?
What about it ? Did u experienced the same problem ?

Thank you in advance

BlackSun
26th July 2002, 10:19
I have the same kind of problem and finally I have deactivated the debugger, and working without since more than 8 months

[Toff]
26th July 2002, 19:18
I've seen the same debugger "problem" with Visual C++.
It seems that some DirectShow filter are doing weird things, like iviaudio.ax
When I open a video with AC3 in debugging mode, filter crash, but it don't crash when playing the same video with mp3.

Have you tried to change Debugger options :
- Handled by -> User Program.
- On Resume -> run handled.

gabest
27th July 2002, 06:53
Those nasty windvd filters have a known (now you know it too :)) hard-coded debug breakpoint. When they notice you are trying to debug them, they just halt...

Update: ... but only when they are added to the graph. If I attach the debugger after that, it won't break :)

Demone
29th July 2002, 09:59
BlackSun whats the meaning of deactivate the debugger, why ?
I mean u can keep the debugger activated and still dont use it, compiling everytime... but thats not programming at all.
I dont want to compile everytime when I'll need to implement video stuff. btw I succesfully did ogg chapters.
Another thing I noticed is that for every 'stream' there is a mediatype and subtype, but ogg chapters havent...so ok u can avoid loading Video and Audio streams on the chapters list, but is there a way to explicitly know that a 'stream' is an OGG chapter ?

Thank u again...

P.S.: Have u asked to Henri GOURVEST about the debugger problem ?