PDA

View Full Version : Strange picture...

yosemite
28th June 2002, 11:09
hi,

I've solved my first problem (but that was another post and no more important)

My new problem is that I get a strange picture now, I've attached an example.

Do u know, whats wrong? I'm using VirtualDub_149_E_VCR

cofferscuffs
28th June 2002, 11:24
picture validated ;)

yosemite
28th June 2002, 11:25
thx :)

any idea now?

DJ Bobo
28th June 2002, 11:38
Well, I think you should have posted this in your other thread...

Your first problem wasn't resolved, since you're getting a B/W picture. You should use SCART -> Composite (as said yellow connector), then you'll get color and may be the picture will also get stable.
If it doesn't get stable, may be you're using a too high resolution, may be your problem will be resolved if you lower your resolution, what do you get for example with 320x240?

yosemite
28th June 2002, 11:47
Originally posted by DJ Bobo
You should use SCART -> Composite (as said yellow connector)...
Well, the problem is (as I said) I dont have Composite, just S-VHS

If it doesn't get stable, may be you're using a too high resolution, may be your problem will be resolved if you lower your resolution, what do you get for example with 320x240?
:) That is 320x240

Valky
28th June 2002, 11:59
Hmm..this kind of picture can come if your source for the video is wrong..or the country example if you live in PAL country and you have selected NTSC from your TV-source.

You didn't say from where you are getting this picture vhs, TV or cam or where? Try also change the PAL code if you are capturing from TV.

Swede
28th June 2002, 12:01
Well, the problem is (as I said) I dont have Composite, just S-VHS The problem is that you cant mix S-video and Composite, at least not without a converter. No matter how well the connectors fits the signals are different, so either get another VCR, another Capture card or a converter.. There's nothing else to do..