PDA

View Full Version : Use DeCSS/Vobdec in Delphi

Ocrana
13th June 2002, 18:46
Hello,

i here someone that has translated the decss or vobdec to delphi? I break in case of the senceless shifting everywhere in the code (vobdec).

Darksoul71
13th June 2002, 19:52
Might be some stupid question but why donīt you use Vobdec as commandline tool and call it from your Delphi app using the shell exec command ?

-D$

Ocrana
13th June 2002, 19:57
But: you have NULL control about a ShellExecute tool. Vobdec has not response. And we live in a visual world not in command line ;)

No, I want a tool, that gives me a response of progress, the used Key and many more. I need them for other operations. I have written an ocx, but there I made some bugs so I want to start from begining new to implement the soource as good as possible. And one execute is better as 20 DLLS, Commandline Tools etc. :)

Darksoul71
13th June 2002, 20:04
Well, I can understand this but commandline would be the easiest solution. :)

cu,
D$

Ocrana
13th June 2002, 20:11
..analyse the source of vobdec and you wil lsee that there are many bugs. Also you have no automatic to detect if it is a decrypted or non decrypted DVD. Here in germany are many non decrypted dvds. ANd to search the hole movie for the key...that sucks..specialy if you get at the end the message "No Key found".

So a good developer need to integreate the code, customize it and use the know infomations for other operations. You know, to make a good DVD Backup on CD you need up to 6 and more commandline Tools. Noone can manage them good from a "GUI".

I do not want to say that Iam a good developer..but I want to be one. :)

maven
14th June 2002, 16:21
first off:
detecting whether something is encrypted is unneccessary, as soon as you find an encrypted block start looking for a key.

secondly:
check the vStrip source, it has two different implementations of a key-search that are independent of (but one of which uses the same idea as) VobDec. It is still in C, though...

Nic
14th June 2002, 20:51
VStrip's keysearch is far superior to VobDec's.
(Quicker, no problems with small .vob files, cleaner source code, etc)

So maven's VStrip is the way to go...what stops you from using VStrip.dll, seeing the GUI for that is Delphi, I think thats going to be your only option, re-implementing VStrip in Delphi will not be easy.

-Nic

LIGHTNING UK!
15th June 2002, 17:24
Where is this all heading? Another ripper?!?

Ocrana
15th June 2002, 21:49
Hello,
another Ripper? No I want to build a special Subtitle extractor. I do some nice projects with Locutus form MDVDP. The player is form August on again freeware and we wanna start with some killer features. Thats all :)

Darksoul71
15th June 2002, 21:51
@LIGHTNING UK!:
I honestly donīt know what Ocrana has planed but isnīt that up to him ? I mean, Iīve decided for myself to play around with AVISynth and currently Iīm planing to make a "GKnot for AVIFiles" for myself and so Iīve also asked around a lot. Like for reading resolutions from AVI, etc.

-D$

LIGHTNING UK!
16th June 2002, 21:04
Alright, keep your knickers on!

I was just asking. Making a tool which doesnt already exist is one thing, but even you have to admit that its kinda pointless if there are already 3 or 4 available that do the job just fine - yeah?

I wish you both luck with your future projects.

Ocrana
16th June 2002, 21:48
Hello Guru. I understand what you wrote. On the point you will say "There are two or three programs aviable, one is my, so you didnt get any help from me". You are sure that this is the right way?

And for subtitle as for the ripper: There are a dozent aviable, but noone do that what we want and where is the problem to make a software that do what we want?

Ocrana

Ocrana
16th June 2002, 21:50
Hey Guru....this, what we wann do and what you hate..this is allready known as:

INOVATION

LIGHTNING UK!
16th June 2002, 22:33
Who is Guru? Me?

I hope not! :angry: I never ment to start a flame war!

Honest to god, I was just curious! I really dont give a monkeys arse what you do...it doesnt effect me in any way, shape or form.

In fact, what we could all really do with is another of those southpark rippers like we had when vobdec first came out. Why not make another of those ;)

Ocrana
16th June 2002, 22:49
lol...there is nothing I can answer as to laugh at you ... you are embarrassingly. You mean you are god in case you do the DVDDecrypter...forget it guru...I think I will get help from more cooperative people, people that do not roll in their fame...

LIGHTNING UK!
17th June 2002, 00:51
Fame? I dont think of myself above anyone else. Im a down to earth computer geek, as are most of us are! only joking, im not really a geek ;)

The way I look at it though, if you cant figure it out for youself in the first place, dont bother at all. How else do you expect to learn and become competent enough to support your own work!
Everything Ive done, Ive done for myself. Its taken bloody ages, but i know it inside out now.

BTW, you really shouldnt comment on people without knowing them. Ask some of the people in the irc channel what i am 'really' like. People I chat with day in day out. You might not believe it, but I really am an 'ok' guy!

Ocrana
17th June 2002, 01:08
...sorry but you this is on the point what I expected. Dont blame anyone here. You do all by your own..sorry guy but this is really really ******.

You know, iam so fair to say that I get much stuff out of GPL Code. And that you do all by your own feets and brain...sorry that is so much unbelievable as living on the moon.

But as I wrote in the headline. This thread is death for me. This is not the level I wanna talk to people that mean "I have done a prog..Iam the Master"....Over and Out.....And now you can send me the second warning....(a really depth level)

Darksoul71
17th June 2002, 06:44
Wow, whatīs happening here ?

OK, 1st of all:
A message board has always one problem. You can just read text. You donīt know the other peoples directly. So no sound of voice. No face to look at. Nothing but just pure text.

Donīt get me wrong UK, but your first posting didnīt sound very positive to me.

To quote again:

Would you say that this sounds like a posting from a person that is just curious ? I personaly wouldnīt. To me this sounds pretty much like: Hey, Einstein ! Do you want to reinvent the wheel ? (Well somewhat exagerated :D).

And on this "Do everything by your own thing" I can only agree: If you have the time to start from scratch, you can really learn a lot. The problem here: You have to have time ;)

Thatīs why I try to get little chunks of code from everywhere and put them together to the tool I need.

@Ocrana: Relax, buddy.....

Just my two cents.

-D$