PDA

View Full Version : A capture problem with btw848

MoonWalker
9th June 2002, 15:19
I have a capture card with bt848khf(Mentor is the brand :confused: )..

I have downloaded the drivers from http://btwincap.sourceforge.net/ and i get this(see picture)...These are the only drivers that I have downloaded and works with WinXP...I don't mean the interlaced stuff but the other lines..

MoonWalker

http://www.geocities.com/aleksikerayno/Capture.jpg

Koepi
9th June 2002, 15:30
The picture isn't accessable but i guess those are strange comb-artifacts.

They appear in Vdub in capture.

If you switch on directdraw acceleration (both fields)in Vdub, they go away and your capture works flawless.

Regards,
Koepi

MoonWalker
9th June 2002, 16:38
I was thought too it was that but it wasn't. I turned it on and I had the same problem.. I tried Telecide too..I will attach the picture here...

Thanks,
MoonWalker

tenebrenz
9th June 2002, 18:29
Just looked at your pic (you should put a link to the picture on a page on your site cos geocities don't like direct linking). They are definately not interlacing artifacts. I had a similar looking problem before and it was to do with data throughput through the pci slots, I updated all motherboard drivers and direct-x etc and the problem went away. Also try putting the card in a different PCI slot, my friend had a problem with his soundblaster card causing a conflict with his tv card.
I hope a few of them suggestions may help.

Koepi
9th June 2002, 21:58
Well, it looks this way for me if I don't use directdraw acceleration in virtualdub. Just did that by accident on a TV capture some minutes ago as well ;)

If that really doesn't help the capture mode, set the vdub cache bigger - it occurs on write access to HD sometimes as well here.

If that still doesn't help we might need some info about your setup, drivers,... :) (make sure you enable dma access for your HD!)

Regards,
Koepi

MoonWalker
12th June 2002, 21:52
Well I set from DISK I/O chunk size 16MB and chunks in buffer to 3 and I have less black lines...And what I saw was tha enabling the acceleration was irrelevant...Is this ok or should I raise more?? My capture drive is a 20GB Barracuda 7200 Ultra ATA 5 working...I capture at 640x480..

Thanks,
MoonWalker

TPN
12th June 2002, 23:30
I had similar problems with my ABIT KT7A (VIA chipset). Various patches, drivers and BIOS updates helped, but limiting ATA to 33 solved the problem completely.

avih
13th June 2002, 00:11
how do u limit ata to 33??

MoonWalker
13th June 2002, 10:49
Originally posted by avih
how do u limit ata to 33??

Via has a little program tha can set the DMA in any mode..(sorry but I can't recall it's name)

MoonWalker

TPN
13th June 2002, 22:45
Originally posted by MoonWalker

Via has a little program tha can set the DMA in any mode..(sorry but I can't recall it's name)

Yes, or you can use 40-pin IDE cable instead of 80-pin.

SQFreak
21st June 2002, 22:04
But WinXP will get really pissy about that.