PDA

View Full Version : FileOP.dll in VobSub

mario_a
8th June 2002, 10:53
Hi,

Along with the VobSplit download is distributed a file called FileOp.dll.This DLL contains 2 functions:
1) GetFileSizeFactorPerCent
2) SplitFile

Could someone give me the prototypes ( function declarations) of these
functions, so I can use the DLL.

Thanx in advance,
Mario

Darksoul71
8th June 2002, 14:53
Hi,
try to contact the author of Vobsplit and ask him for the specs.
But I would be suprised if he really answers. I asked him for the Vobsplit code a while ago because I wanted to do a modified version of Vobsplit that splits a VOB automaticly into 2-5 parts for MiniDVD authoring instead of the not very usefull dragbar stuff.

cu,
D$

mario_a
10th June 2002, 12:04
Hi DarkSoul,

I assume u never got any reply from the author of VobSplit :-(
I have mailed him, but after what u said, i am not too expectant of a reply.

Do u know of any other source code for splitting vobs that is available anywhere?

Thanx for your time,
Mario

Darksoul71
10th June 2002, 16:25
Hi !

Stupid me :D
I forgot to mention. Of course I never got answer by the author of Vobsplit. Thatīs why Iīm somewhat frustrated.

I had a discussion with Derrow (the author of Ifoedit) about Vobsplitig. Basicly (from the point of splitting the VOB) you have to split in 2048 byte blocks. But whatīs important: if you start a new VOB it has to start with a "navigation pack". You can find out if a 2k block is a navigation pack quite easily (if you talked to Derrow ;)):

You have to check the 17th byte. It has to be a 0xBB, if the 2k block is a navigation pack.

This are some code snippets Derrow has sent me. I hope that itīs ok if I post them:
if(buffer[17]==0xBB &&
(m_iOutLba+bswap_32(*(u_int*)(buffer+1039)) >
m_iVobSplitSize)) )

int CIfoEditDlg::WriteVob(unsigned char *buffer)
{
CString strVts;
CString curVtsName;
CString curVtsPath;

if(!m_fpout || m_iOutLba>m_iVobSplitSize ||
(buffer[17]==0xBB &&
(m_iOutLba+bswap_32(*(u_int*)(buffer+1039)) >
m_iVobSplitSize)) )
{
if(m_fpout)
_close(m_fpout);

curVtsName=m_VobOutname.Mid(m_VobOutname.ReverseFind('\\')+1);

curVtsPath=m_VobOutname.Left(m_VobOutname.ReverseFind('\\')+1);

strVts.Format("%s_%d.VOB",curVtsName.Left(6),m_iOutVob++);
m_VobOutPathname=curVtsPath+strVts;
m_fpout = _open(curVtsPath+strVts, _O_BINARY |
_O_WRONLY | _O_CREAT | _O_SEQUENTIAL | _O_TRUNC,
_S_IWRITE);
if(m_fpout<=0)
{
AfxMessageBox("Failed to open for writing:
"+curVtsPath+strVts);
return FALSE;
}
m_iOutLba=0;
}
if(_write(m_fpout, buffer, 2048)!=2048)
return FALSE;
m_iOutLba++;

CheckVobuList(buffer);

return TRUE;
}

Hope this helps somewhat. Basicly youīve just to read and write 2k blocks. For each new VOB file youīve to check for the navigation pack stuff. Quite easy, but:
a) The internal structure of the VOB gets damaged (at least I think so because Derrow told me that something has to be corrected. I dunno too much on this because the internal VOB structure is still a mistery to me :D)
b) IFOEdit supports splitting to a custom file size. So itīs not needed to really write a tool like VOBSplit again.

cu,
D$

mario_a
18th June 2002, 05:40
Hey DarkSoul,

Thanx for the excellent tip ! I have been able to split a VOB file successfully.

Your help is really appreciated.

Thanks once again,
Mario

Darksoul71
18th June 2002, 06:46
Hi Mario !

Your thank you should go out to Derrow, the programmer of IfoEdit. It was his idea. :D

-D$