PDA

View Full Version : how to unpack setups that come with the nullsoft installer

windibus
30th May 2002, 15:28
a lot of software packages now come with the setup of the nullsoft routine nsis; is it possible just to unpack/zip/decompress all included files to one directory without to install ?
thx a lot

Ocrana
13th June 2002, 18:44
Hello,

I try it the same, cause I want to know how they install codecs to the system. I download the prog and what I saw is that the most installers a custom compiled (Only Sourcecode in the Prog).

Schultz
14th June 2002, 15:42
NSIS Installers are build by creating a nsi script to control what happens during the install. Once a installer has been created there is no way to get the script back from the installer.. and i don't think there is a decompressor to get the files back.

Ocrana
14th June 2002, 16:16
Hi, yes custom compiling...sucks..But in the case of the Codec installation, you get quick a Inf File from each codec. First is to look at *.SED Files after installation and the other is, get the one from project mayo or Xvid and change the entries to the codec you need. The only thing is, you have to be confirm with FourCC and you have to know the Name of the Codec. But the name you get easy from the ICMCompressor.

Ocrana