PDA

View Full Version : CSS & Thunder MISM?

jmes
29th May 2002, 18:04
According to the guides, when I add css.mism.flask to my "Flask" directory, I should be able to rip directly from DVD. Also, when I add thunder.mism.flask I should be able to do some cool manipulation of the IFO/VOB files ..

I don't seem to be able to get either to work, is there some trick? I couldn't find any guide/FAQ that explicitly said how to use them. (there is a CSS guide which says there will be an encryption key popup, but the popup never occurred when I followed the guide)

Any help, pointers, or directions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

(I am using Flask 0.6)

Selur
29th May 2002, 18:36
"Also, when I add thunder.mism.flask I should be able to do some cool manipulation of the IFO/VOB files .."
cool manipulation features, what did I miss?

If u don't need the deinterlace option u might want to try Xmpeg and the dvd.mism plugin,...

Cu Selur

Ps.:
thunder.mism:
For FlasK MPEG 0.6+ - its abilites include ifo parsing as well as vob file concatenation (ie. the features present in FlasK 0.594, but not in 0.6 Preview).

css.mism:
For FlasK MPEG 0.6+ - adds CSS decrypting for FlasK allowing you to convert DVD VOB files directly from the DVD (no ripping required)

jmes
29th May 2002, 20:49
Thanks for the reply.

With regards to CSS Mism, I know what it is supposed to do, it just doesnt do it. I was under the impression from the guides and included readme.txt that if I added the mism file to my FlaskMpeg directory, when I set "Open Media" to the appropriate VIDEO_TS ifo file on the DVD, a popup would ask me for the encryption key. When I try it, Flask will either act as if I've not entered an input file or try to process it as garbage ...

Am I correct in my understanding? or is there something that I'm missing ...

Selur
30th May 2002, 07:36
Hmm,.. you are generally right with your understanding, stange if I remember right the css plugin should search of the key on it's own. But to warn you sometimes css doesn't 'rip' the dvd in the right way (same problem with DVD.mism for Xmpeg). If possible I would strongly recommend to use Smartripper and/or DVDDecrypter for ripping.

Cu Selur

jmes
30th May 2002, 15:07
I use DVD Decrypter to rip. I have had problems in the past with SmartRipper. I was hoping to go directly from DVD because I am running out of space and there are already 6 drives in the server - no more room, no more power :)

Mars-L
10th June 2002, 08:11
Might it be possible that you've both css.mism and dvd.mism installen in the directory ? In that case it won't work.

gunnimabi
23rd June 2002, 10:08
:p Hey, last night, I found a good thing, "DVDCutter Stream and Mp3CDWav Converter", maybe it can help you to resovle it, you can download it in www.download.com