PDA

View Full Version : vStrip + mpeg2dec

TheWEF
20th May 2002, 00:54
ehhm...

has anybody ever thought about merging vSrip and mpeg2dec.dll, creating a vob-reading avs plugin?

would that be possible?

maven? aquaplaning? nic? ...? :devil:

wef.

int 21h
24th May 2002, 22:27
Mpeg2dec.dll is almost an exact port of DVD2AVI. So to make it just input .vob and then output frames, would require some heavy code modification because it needs those GOP numbers in the .d2v.

Nic
25th May 2002, 09:22
:D I tried doing the modifications once....(hence I once posted a question here: how to find the exact size of an MPEG-2). It kinda worked, but I gave up, it was accurate or stable enough :(

Maybe ill re-open it oneday...Or you could try your hand at int21h :)

-Nic

TheWEF
25th May 2002, 13:36
thanx for your answers!

well, i neither have time nor knowledge for this task - it just came to my mind...

i thought maybe somebody is bored stiff and doesn't know what to do in the next month... ;)

wef.

maven
25th May 2002, 16:32
as the "new & improved" vStrip will support plugins, i am very interested in what people will / can come up with (e.g. authentication, demux, audio-decoding, video-decoding, ...)...
but it'll take a bit more time - i have to develop a user-interface description language so that plugins don't have to do all that nasty windows programming for settings / interfaces.