PDA

View Full Version : open *.D2V (*.AVS) file with VisualBasic

Dark-Cracker
8th May 2002, 04:09
Hi can someone have an idear to help me to open .avs or .d2v file, i want to create an .avs file generatir but in vb, it seems to me there is a lot of exemples in delphi but i have found nothing for vb perhaps someone can help me to find the way to open an .d2v file in a picturebox of visual basic in order to create a tool for generate (and perhaps re-open) the .avs file.

thank u very much if you could answer to my question. Bye

ciler
13th May 2002, 07:57
Hello

I'm not sure I understand clearly what you want to do...
Do you want to playback an AVS file or just create/edit the text it contains.

For the first solution... man, you are not likely to have sleep for a long time, 'cause video playback is something really aweful if you don't use media player components.
For the second one, just open it as a text file...

BlackSun
13th May 2002, 12:49
For the first solution... man, you are not likely to have sleep for a long time, 'cause video playback is something really aweful if you don't use media player components.

PowerDivX did it :D Ok it took time :)

Nic
13th May 2002, 13:00
@BlackSun:
Do you know much about DirectDraw? DVD2AVI is using DirectDraw & overlay incorrectly...But I dont know enough to fix it (its the reason some people get errors when trying to load vobs)

-Nic

Dark-Cracker
13th May 2002, 15:55
i have found the solution by using the avifill32.dll and some api like AviOpenstreamfile.

thank u. bye

BlackSun
14th May 2002, 07:14
Originally posted by Nic
@BlackSun:
Do you know much about DirectDraw? DVD2AVI is using DirectDraw & overlay incorrectly...But I dont know enough to fix it (its the reason some people get errors when trying to load vobs)

-Nic

I have just started to learn DirectDraw and the Overlay so it's a bit sooner to help you, too bad that you don't read delphi...

trbarry
14th May 2002, 14:32
Hi Nic -

I'm not a DirectDraw guru but I'd still like to know the source of the problem. And I've done a little DirectX programming in DScaler.

- Tom

Nic
14th May 2002, 14:49
Hi Tom :)

have you ever come across the problem? It occurs in the InitOverlayIfAvailable function in Gui.cpp.

I know some people get the error:
"You video card cannot handle YUV display. Conversion will work, but you will not get any display in YUV mode"
All the time, others only after, for example, playing a movie & then try loading DVD2AVI.

There is probably a better way of getting the overlay that would never cause this problem......But I dont have any idea how to :)

-Nic

trbarry
16th May 2002, 12:48
I've seen it but I'm not sure the message is accurate. I think maybe that is the message for any failure to get the overlay, including:

* Asking for one too big

* Asking for one that violates various alignment (multiple of x size) requirements that some video cards have.

* Overlay not available because another ap has it.

But I don't know which is the usual cause in DVD2AVI. Maybe I was getting it when I ran 2 copies of DVD2AVI. I sorta remember that I once thought I knew why it happened but I sure can't remember now. Sorry. Not much help. :(

- Tom

Nic
16th May 2002, 12:54
No, the error message is definitely not accurate :)

Can only one app have the overlay at a time? If so I guess theres no way round it... :( Hmmm...But I cant believe thats the case.

-Nic

maven
17th May 2002, 10:51
Unfortunately, most (if not all) graphics cards can display at most 1 (one) overlay.
If more than one app reuqests one, the later one usually fall back to software yuv->rgb conversion.

llemor
29th May 2002, 09:24
@ dark-cracker:

I hope this is not too late. I've just free time, so I read this forum.

In VB, use API function - "mciSendString". You can open .d2v file using avisynth as frameserver. I already used it on my proggy.

Try this link: http://216.26.161.91/vbapi/ref/index.html

Edit: correct URL